May 21, 2014 Meeting Minutes
- Valerie F performed roll call, we have quorum. This will be an official meeting.
1 Opening remarks (co-chairs)
2 Roll call
3 Review / approval of the agenda
4 Review of previous meeting minutes
5 Old Business
- Status of V2.40 second public review
- Statements of Use
- v3.0 topics
- Topics for next call
6 New Business
7 Review Action Items
- Bob May pop in if his travel schedule allows
Motion to accept agenda
- * Tim moves to accept the agenda, Chris seconds. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Approved.
Approve Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes up for approval: May 07, 2014
- Tim moves to accept the Minutes, Sue seconds. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Approved.
Status on 2.40 second review
- Valerie: V2.40 Currently out for 15 day public review that should wind up on June 1st. Does anyone know what comes next?
Tim: We need to put together an Information Pack mentioned in the TC process, we have to take a ballot put it forward for the OASIS votes so we have to make it a committee specification then the information pack needs to include the SoUs to get submitted to TC admin so pretty straight forward but the it still takes another 1.5 months
Valerie: Is there something else we need to produce before the SoUs are made?
Hal: The Committee Spec needs to be locked down such that the SoUs can directly reference it.
Valerie: Do we have a status of SoUs?
- Tim: We're ready to go - just awaiting the spec - good to go
- Valerie: Anyone else working on a SoU at this time?
Moving forward with v3.0
- Valerie: Ballot is progressing. Some Oracle have expressed interest in some of MStJ's proposal but. We're looking forward to moving forward with Wan-Teh's proposal.
- Wan-Teh: If there are specific suggestions, please send them to me and I will try to incorporate them.
- Hal: Both were discussing confidentiality and integrity but I think we need to look at KMIP and see if it is a requirement
- Tim noted that we won't have the right wording in the document at the vote time to say committee spec draft. Bob noted that last time when he changed the document, Chet made him back out the changes. Chet then later changed the wording. Tim is concerned these document may not be accepted without the adding the correct wording or to allow Chet to modify the the documents after a vote to move them forward. Tim wonders if we should change the wording of our motion. Bob thinks we're okay and will confirm with Chet. (AI for Bob to confirm with Chet) - Item closed
- Valerie: create 3.0 suggestion document, move 2.40 suggestions over into new 3.0 suggestion document. (not started, yet) (09042014.01)
- Bob: will make a first pass by going through meeting minutes. I will send to Valerie, who can clean it up and post to the wiki.(09042014.02)
- Valerie (et al): add new suggestions to the 3.0 wiki, so we can track if they have owners and are moving forward. (09042014.03)
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim moved, Sue seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Adjourned 1:17PM US-PDT.