May 27, 2015 Meeting Minutes
- Valerie performed roll call, we have quorum. This will be an official meeting.
1 Opening remarks (co-chairs)
2 Roll call
3 Review / approval of the agenda
4 Review of previous meeting minutes
5 Old Business
- discussion / motion to accept header files
- discussion / motion to accept AES-XTS proposal
- discussion of responding to question on PKCS comment list
- v3.0 Status of outstanding proposals
- any works items ready for discussion
- Topics for next call
6 New Business
7 Review Action Items
Motion to accept agenda
- Tim moved, Jim seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
Motion to Approve Previous Meeting Minutes
- Deferred to next week
- Secretary to announce upload of draft minutes when completed
- Valerie: Dina has uploaded her version of the header files.
- Tim: Working through them. Still working on a cross check.
- Valerie: The plan is to record this as a Committee Note
- Tim: I believe we can publish it as an erata document
- Valerie: I'll check with TC admin on how we should proceed with this. Will hold off taking any action until at least Tim completes his review
- Mark: Multiple header files may prove confusing
- Valerie: understood but we need to have something posted as at the moment we have nothing. Will check with Chet on the best way to proceed, as Bob and I thought that a committee note would be best. We will definitely differentiate between Dina's and Chris's header files. We will revisit again in two weeks.
- Mark: provided an overview of the changes made to form the latest upload of the AES-XTS
- Dieter: Noted an inconsistency concerning usage of "bits" and "bytes"
- Mark: I'll have a look at that and compare it against the other mechanisms.
- Tim: there are a few references to bits, but we mostly use bytes. We should be consistent.
- Mark to make editorial changes prior to ballot, we will discuss again in two weeks.
responding to question on PKCS comment list
- Valerie: I do need a volunteer to review the comments and summarize the findings.
- John L.: Volunteered to review the comments.
- Valerie: Will make time to work with BobR on this.
Topics for next call
- Next call to be scheduled on June 10.
- John L: Review Jaroslav's comments on 2.40, compare to Stef's notes, and report back to TC and reply to Jaroslav. (27052015.02)
- Tim H: to update Wiki page for PKCS11 (27052015.01)
- John L: Send an email about POSIX to David and bringing in the other interested parties: Tim H, John L, and Graham Steele. (13052015)
- Valerie: create 3.0 suggestion document, move 2.40 suggestions over into new 3.0 suggestion document. (not started, yet) (09042014.01)
- Valerie (et al): add new suggestions to the 3.0 wiki, so we can track if they have owners and are moving forward. (09042014.03)
- Bob G: how about I take time to write up a couple of paragraphs on how to get out a new mechanism to take to the team by the next meeting? (04062014.01)
- Tim H: send suggestions on how to handle minor updates prior to v3.0 to the list (16072014.01)
- Valerie: Check with her team to see if anyone will be picking up Darren's proposal from a few weeks back (10092014.01)
- Bob G: Check with Chet to see if we have to do anything special for the header files (10092014.02)
- Valerie: Follow up on timeline for new AES-XTS proposal (10092014.03)
Bob G: Start with Stef's document and make an amendment doc. Stef's broken definitions write-up (24092014.01)
- Bob G: I believe we can do errata's against committee spec, so we won't have to wait 90 days, but I will check with Chet (24092014.02)
- Tony: Put action items into Jira
- John: Review comment made on list.
- Mark: Update AES-XTS proposal with editorial changes
- Valerie: Check with TC admin and Bob G on appropriate handling of the V2.40 header files (committee note or other)
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim moved, Jeff seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Adjourned 1:20PM US-PST.