January 28, 2015 Meeting Minutes
- Bob performed roll call, we have quorum. This will be an official meeting.
1 Opening remarks (co-chairs)
2 Roll call
3 Review / approval of the agenda
4 Review of previous meeting minutes
- status of vote by OASIS membership
- Corrections to manifest constants (Stef, Chris Z)
- AES-XTS mechanism (Valerie)
- Secure key import (Graham)
- Message-based encryption (Bob R, based on Wan-teh’s proposal)
- Improvements to error messages (Bob G)
- Possibly other editorial corrections and UG clarifications suggested by Patrick Durusau in V2.40 public review
- status of outstanding proposals
- RSA Conference
- Face to face Topics for next call
6 New Business
7 Review Action Items
Motion to accept agenda
- Tim moved, Chris seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
Approve Previous Meeting Minutes
- None - Tony to have the available for next week's call.
- BobG: The OASIS Membership vote is underway and I'm working with Chet to get that through.
- BobR: Does that mean it should be final in April?
- BobG: Yes, hopefully should be in before the face to face.
Face to Face
- BobG: It appears more people can make it on Wednesday 15th April. Valerie, Could you look into a room on that date.
- Valerie: I will do that.
- BobG: No objections - 15th April at Oracle (unless Valerie has any issues)
- TonyC: OASIS folks are working on the logistics - we should have more information in the coming weeks.
Corrections to manifest constants (Stef, Chris Z)
- Chris: I've had no feedback so far
- BobG: Can folks please review that and feedback to Chris
- Valeris: Oscar provided some questions but we've not seen a reply - we did talk to the TLS issue such that it was clarified
- BobG: Can you please send me a pointer to them so I can progress the items.
AES-XTS mechanism (Valerie)
- BobG: There is interest but at this stage it looks like we won't get to it to February
- Valeris: Should be starting on this shortly
- BobR: I'd be interested in working on that.
- MarkJ: IO would also be interested
Secure key import (Graham)
- Graham: I need to write a proposal similar to Doran's level of detail but have not commenced that as yet. Hoping to produce a draft in late Feb
Message-based encryption (Bob R, based on Wan-Teh’s proposal)
- BobR: Have not started yet, hoping to get something in late Feb
Improvements to error messages (Bob G)
- BobG: I'll send around to the group and to Sven to look for items for this.
Other editorial corrections and UG clarifications
- BobG: I'm not sure if there are any comments that need addressing at this point but we will revisit briefly.
- BobG: Sven has mentioned a new profile for UEFI.
- Tim: waiting on something from Sven in a format I can access (mac specific at present)
- BobG: Sven also mentioned some improvements around PIN and certificate parameters but we still don't have proposals so I will ping Sven for a status.
- BobG: If we don't have something on the next call then we may push that back to the next release.
- BobG: Still waiting on something from Darren M on uniqueness
- Valerie: I'll check with Darren M.
- No items
Topics for next call
- Next call to be scheduled on 11 February 2015
- BobG: I have been working on a document capturing the changes form earlier versions of PKCS11 and v2.41 and will circulate that for review.
- Valerie: I'll send you some slides where I cover some of that.
- BobG: I am talking with the IDTrust folks and we are discussing an IDTrust members dinner and anything they can do to provide greater visibility to PKCS11. If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.
- BobG: I'm also discussing any correlations with other TCs thyat might be useful for collaborations. I'd like to discuss this further at the face to face.
- Valerie: create 3.0 suggestion document, move 2.40 suggestions over into new 3.0 suggestion document. (not started, yet) (09042014.01)
- Bob: will make a first pass by going through meeting minutes. I will send to Valerie, who can clean it up and post to the wiki.(09042014.02) (Complete Aug 3, 2014)
- Valerie (et al): add new suggestions to the 3.0 wiki, so we can track if they have owners and are moving forward. (09042014.03)
- Bob G: how about I take time to write up a couple of paragraphs on how to get out a new mechanism to take to the team by the next meeting? (04062014.01)
- Tim H: send suggestions on how to handle minor updates prior to v3.0 to the list (16072014.01)
- Valerie: Check with her team to see if anyone will be picking up Darren's proposal from a few weeks back (10092014.01)
- Bob G: Check with Chet to see if we have to do anything special for the header files (10092014.02)
- Valerie: Follow up on timeline for new AES-XTS proposal (10092014.03)
Bob G: Start with Stef's document and make an amendment doc. Stef's broken definitions write-up (24092014.01)
- Bob G: I believe we can do errata's against committee spec, so we won't have to wait 90 days, but I will check with Chet (24092014.02)
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim moved, Chris seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Adjourned 1:26PM US-PST.