August, 2015 Meeting Minutes
- Bob performed roll call, we have quorum. This will be an official meeting.
- 1 Opening remarks (co-chairs)
- 2 Roll call
- 3 Review / approval of the agenda
- 4 Review of previous meeting minutes
- 5 Old Business
- Topics for next call
- 6 New Business
- 7 Review Action Items
- 8 Adjourn
Motion to accept agenda
- Sue moved, Mark P seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
Motion to Approve Previous Meeting Minutes
- July 8 minutes - deferred
- Still working on the header files issue, hoping to bring forward a resolution in the 2-sep meeting
- We received a question on HMAC in v2.40 on the comment list from Brigit Haas. Bob will be working with the editors on getting an answer to Birgit.
- no updates to outstanding proposal received for today’s meeting.
- Bob G. would like to close of v2.41 in September if possible
- we may want to have a face to face to resolve anything outsntading for 2.41
Topics for next call
- no updates
- Next call to be scheduled on 2nd September August 2015.
- Valerie: Raise ballot for AES-XTS proposal (10062015) - Closed (08072015)
Bob & Valerie (with Tim): Have discussion on Header files (10062015)
Graham S to write up ES GCM & CCM: CKA_VALUE_LEN and C_UnwrapKey as a proposal (10062015)
- Tim H: to update Wikipedia page for PKCS11 (27052015)
- John L: Send an email about POSIX to David and bringing in the other interested parties: Tim H, John L, and Graham Steele. (13052015)
- Valerie: create 3.0 suggestion document, move 2.40 suggestions over into new 3.0 suggestion document. (not started, yet) (09042014.01)
- Bob: will make a first pass by going through meeting minutes. I will send to Valerie, who can clean it up and post to the wiki.(09042014.02) (Complete Aug 3, 2014)
- Valerie (et al): add new suggestions to the 3.0 wiki, so we can track if they have owners and are moving forward. (09042014.03) - Closed (08072015)
- Bob G: how about I take time to write up a couple of paragraphs on how to get out a new mechanism to take to the team by the next meeting? (04062014.01) - Closed (08072015)
- Bob to take responsibility to put together a 3.0 suggestion list to include mechanisms etc. (08072015)
- Tim H: send suggestions on how to handle minor updates prior to v3.0 to the list (16072014.01) - Closed (08072015)
- Valerie: Check with her team to see if anyone will be picking up Darren's proposal from a few weeks back (10092014.01)
- Bob G: Check with Chet to see if we have to do anything special for the header files (10092014.02) - Closed (08072015)
- Valerie: Follow up on timeline for new AES-XTS proposal (10092014.03) - Closed (08072015)
Bob G: Start with Stef's document and make an amendment doc. Stef's broken definitions write-up (24092014.01) - Closed (08072015)
- Bob G: I believe we can do errata's against committee spec, so we won't have to wait 90 days, but I will check with Chet (24092014.02) - Closed (08072015)
- Tony: Put action items into Jira
- John: Review comment made on list.
- Mark: Update AES-XTS proposal with editorial changes - Closed (08072015)
- Valerie: Check with TC admin and Bob G on appropriate handling of the V2.40 header files (committee note or other) - Closed (08072015)
- Valerie: Monitor FIPS140 implementation guidance to see the nature of requirements related to AES GCM IV generation. Once NIST releases implementation guidance, reopen this issue with the TC on how we would like to address this either in the Base Specification or the Usage Guide. (08072015)
- Valerie: Write up ECDBH key derivation function as a proposal to be reviewed in the August meeting (08072015)
- Bob R: Write up a proposal relating to the function table to be reviewed in the August meeting (08072015)
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim moved, Sue G seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.