July 08, 2015 Meeting Minutes
- Bob performed roll call, we have quorum. This will be an official meeting.
- 1 Opening remarks (co-chairs)
- 2 Roll call
- 3 Review / approval of the agenda
- 4 Review of previous meeting minutes
- 5 Old Business
- TC Public page
- Summer meeting schedule for PKCS 11 TC
- review status of V2.40 header files (Bob G)
- results of AES-XTS ballot
- status of AES GCM and other proposals
- AES GCM IV generation (raised by Valerie WRT FIPS "guidance")
AES GCM & CCM: CKA_VALUE_LEN and C_UnwrapKey (raised by Graham Steel)
- ECDH key derivation function (raised by Dieter Bong)
- any works items ready for discussion
- Topics for next call
- 6 New Business
- 7 Review Action Items
- 8 Adjourn
Motion to accept agenda
- Tim moved, Bob R seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
Motion to Approve Previous Meeting Minutes
- Tim moved, Chris Z seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
- Valerie: Public page has been updated
TC Public page
- Bob G: Next 2 meetings to be on August 5th and September 2nd
- Valerie: Won't make it to those meetings
- no comments or objections stated, we'll proceed with
Summer meeting schedule for PKCS 11 TC
- I'll be reviewing status of V2.40 header files with Chet and will report back
AES GCM & CCM: CKA_VALUE_LEN and C_UnwrapKey
- Valerie introduced Graham's proposal
- BobG: Is this 2.41 or an errata for 2.40?
- Valerie: 2.41 as it's a substantive change
- Tim: Suggested a rephrasing to fit with existing specification context
- Dina: Issue has been raised internally here as well, it does need further specification
ECDH key derivation function
- Tim: The suggestion looks good to me
- Valerie: I'm happy to write this up an official proposal and submit it for review in the August meeting
Response to comments on the list
- Tim: As John hasn't been present for the last 2 meetings, I've closed off the item
Response to Posix comment
- Tim: I've responded to the comment author clarifying the confusion
- Valerie: Can you write up a proposal Tim?
- Tim: There isn't really one for the spec here - John was working through with the comment owner for usage guide content
- BobG: The action item is there for John so we can review that.
status of AES GCM and other proposals
- BobR will bring forward the item from Wanteh's proposal that was allocated to Stef as discussed in the f2f meeting. Hopes to be ready for the August meeting.
Topics for next call
- Next call to be scheduled on 5th August 2015.
- Valerie: Raise ballot for AES-XTS proposal (10062015) - Closed (08072015)
Bob & Valerie (with Tim): Have discussion on Header files (10062015)
Graham S to write up ES GCM & CCM: CKA_VALUE_LEN and C_UnwrapKey as a proposal (10062015)
- Tim H: to update Wikipedia page for PKCS11 (27052015)
- John L: Send an email about POSIX to David and bringing in the other interested parties: Tim H, John L, and Graham Steele. (13052015)
- Valerie: create 3.0 suggestion document, move 2.40 suggestions over into new 3.0 suggestion document. (not started, yet) (09042014.01)
- Bob: will make a first pass by going through meeting minutes. I will send to Valerie, who can clean it up and post to the wiki.(09042014.02) (Complete Aug 3, 2014)
- Valerie (et al): add new suggestions to the 3.0 wiki, so we can track if they have owners and are moving forward. (09042014.03) - Closed (08072015)
- Bob G: how about I take time to write up a couple of paragraphs on how to get out a new mechanism to take to the team by the next meeting? (04062014.01) - Closed (08072015)
- Bob to take responsibility to put together a 3.0 suggestion list to include mechanisms etc. (08072015)
- Tim H: send suggestions on how to handle minor updates prior to v3.0 to the list (16072014.01) - Closed (08072015)
- Valerie: Check with her team to see if anyone will be picking up Darren's proposal from a few weeks back (10092014.01)
- Bob G: Check with Chet to see if we have to do anything special for the header files (10092014.02) - Closed (08072015)
- Valerie: Follow up on timeline for new AES-XTS proposal (10092014.03) - Closed (08072015)
Bob G: Start with Stef's document and make an amendment doc. Stef's broken definitions write-up (24092014.01) - Closed (08072015)
- Bob G: I believe we can do errata's against committee spec, so we won't have to wait 90 days, but I will check with Chet (24092014.02) - Closed (08072015)
- Tony: Put action items into Jira
- John: Review comment made on list.
- Mark: Update AES-XTS proposal with editorial changes - Closed (08072015)
- Valerie: Check with TC admin and Bob G on appropriate handling of the V2.40 header files (committee note or other) - Closed (08072015)
- Valerie: Monitor FIPS140 implementation guidance to see the nature of requirements related to AES GCM IV generation. Once NIST releases implementation guidance, reopen this issue with the TC on how we would like to address this either in the Base Specification or the Usage Guide. (08072015)
- Valerie: Write up ECDBH key derivation function as a proposal to be reviewed in the August meeting (08072015)
- Bob R: Write up a proposal relating to the function table to be reviewed in the August meeting (08072015)
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim moved, Bob R seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Adjourned 1:43PM US-PST.