December 09, 2015 Meeting Minutes
Meeting commenced 8:00PM GMT
- Roll call (Tony C)
- Quorum achieved
- Valerie thanked BobR for running the meetings in her absence
- Errata process update
- "Black box warning" misplaced?
- TLS 1.0/1.1 mechs
- Next Steps
- Dina: TLS 1.X text improvements
- any discussion
- Face to face
- Interop update
- Topics for next call
- New Business
- Review Action Items
Motion to approve Agenda
- Tim Moves, Jeff Seconds, no objections, no abstentions. Agenda approved
Motion to approve meeting minutes
- November 11th, 2015
- Tim Moves, Jeff Seconds, no objections, no abstentions. Minutes approved
Errata process update
- Bob G noted that he has uploaded the various documents for review such we can vote on them, including the header files that Tim posted.
- Tim suggested that getting a ballot done ASAP would be beneficial rather than wait until the new year given the next meeting is likely cancelled.
- Discussion about voting/ballotting process
- Agreement that we will go to a 7 day ballot for all three items - see ballot wording.
- Motion in accordance with section 3.5 of the TC process to adopt as a Committee Specification Draft the v2.40 errata and related documents (as posted by Bob Griffin and Tim Hudson - see below) and that the proposed corrections do not constitute a Substantive Change and if the motion passes for the co-chairs to submit the proposed corrections for a 15-day public review with the normal designed cross-reference changes by TC admin.
- Tim Moves, BobG Seconds, no objections, no abstentions. Motion passes.
"Black box warning" misplaced?
- Valerie not on call - deferred
TLS 1.0/1.1 mechs
- BobG noted the item that Valerie and Dina had raised.
- BobR noted that Tim and BobR discussed this with respect to NSS.
- Tim suggested tabling this for the next meeting where Dina is present or handle it at the face to face.
- Tim noted that Bob had included the requested warning in the errata (informative only) about the TLSv1.2 mechanisms.
- Chris had some items - deferred
Dina: TLS 1.X text improvements
- Dina not on call - deferred
- Need to focus on IV generation to keep up with the NIST "recommendations"
- Valerie encouraged team members to respond to emails
Face to Face
- Straw poll has indicated that Friday 26th Feb the preferred date.
Motion to hold face to face on 26th February 2016
- BobR Moves, Jeff Seconds, no objections, no abstentions. Motion passes.
- Tony provided an update. Participant email list is now active and Tony will send out preliminary emails to participants this week.
Next meeting date
- 13th January 2016
Next meeting proposed agenda
- F2F organisation around RSA2016
- All members with open action items to provide an update at next meeting.
- Tim to upload draft v2.40 header files to the repository (11Nov2015)
- Tim and Dina to draft a note to go into the wiki relating to issues with TLS implementation (11Nov2015)
Call for late arrivals
- 2 late arrivals noted
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim Moves, BobG seconds, no abstentions, no objections. Motion approved