November 11, 2015 Meeting Minutes
Meeting commenced 8:00PM GMT
- Roll call (Valerie F)
- Quorum achieved
- Valerie thanked BobR for running the meetings in her absence
- Errata process update
- Dina's questions about the current mechanisms.
- Next Steps
- any discussion
- Topics for next call
- New Business
- Chair emeritus nomination for Bob Griffin
- Review Action Items
Motion to approve Agenda
- Tim Moves, Chris Seconds, no objections, no abstentions. Agenda approved
Motion to approve meeting minutes
- October 14th, 2015
- Tim Moves, Chris Seconds, no objections, no abstentions. Minutes approved
Errata process update
- Bob G provided an update on the Errata process. Tim has made updats to the header files. BobG hopes to omplete the last of his changes this
week and get them to Tim for review. There will be three documents - the Errata, the revised specification and the header file document.
Intent is to have the documents ready for review by the TC within the next 2 weeks.
- Tim provided an update on the header file status. Also indicated the CK_DEFINE_FUNCTION should be removed from the spec as it has never been used in the header files and the specification usage of it is wrong.
included in the header files to date.
- Dina indicated her support for the work and approach Tim has taken.
- Tim thanked Dina for her feedback.
- Valerie requested another volunteer to review Tim's work.
- No voluteers came forward.
- Tim and Bob agreed that after the removal of the C_declared, the header files could be uploaded such that it is avail;able for public
Dina's questions about the current mechanisms
- Moved from 2.40 discussion as relevant for 2.41
- Dina raised issues with mechanisms involved in implementing TLS handling
- Tim indicated that the issues raised could not really included in the errata. The section Dina has called out should be reviewed in V2.41
- Note to be placed on the wiki to indicate that the relevant section is being worked on.
- Dina also raised a query about CKM_TLS12_KEY_SAFE_DERIVE as we already have handling for this in CKM_TLS12_KEY_AND_MAC_DERIVE.
- Tim assumes this will be picked up in the work related to TLS in 2.41
- BobR uses this to keep the keys in the token.
- Need to focus on IV generation to keep up with the NIST "recommendations"
- Valerie encouraged team members to respond to emails
- Tim H makes a motion to recognise Bob Griffin as PKCS11 CHair emeritus for his contributions to development of the PKCS11 Technical
COmmittee's work and that this be recognised on the TC main page. Dina Seconds. No objections, no abstentions. Motion approved.
- Bob G asked about a F2F meeting around the RSA Conference. Valerie to look into venues.
Next meeting date
- 25th November 2015
Next meeting proposed agenda
- Holiday meeting schedule
- F2F organisation around RSA2016
- All members with open action items to provide an update at next meeting.
- Tim to upload draft v2.40 header files to the repository (11Nov2015)
- Tim and Dina to drafta a note to go into the wiki relating to issues with TLS implementation (11Nov2015)
Call for late arrivals
- 2 late arrivals noted
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim Moves, Jeff seconds, no abstentions, no objections. Motion approved