January 13, 2016 Meeting Minutes
Meeting commenced 8:00PM GMT
- Roll call (Valerie)
- Quorum achieved
- Errata process update
- Next Steps
- any discussion
- Face to face
- Interop update
- Topics for next call
- New Business
- Review Action Items
Motion to approve Agenda
- Tim Moves, Chris Seconds, no objections, no abstentions. Agenda approved
Motion to approve meeting minutes
- Minutes completed but not posted - deferred to the next meeting.
Errata process update
- Dina - her comments on TLS may have been addressed in the v2.40 errata by Tim/BobG
- Action: revisit this in v2.41 to see what additional changes we need to make around TLS.
- Valerie would like to consider adding SHA3. Tim concurs.
Valerie. ChaCha20 and Poly - should also be included. BobR agrees.
- Handling new mechanisms. What did we discuss?
- Tim - we discussed this as a separate document and take to committee note draft and then wrap into next spec or at least have it as committee draft.
- Looking for volunteers to write up SHA3 - BobR action item; and Chacha and Poly - pending.
Dina: TLS 1.X text improvements
- Pending - include as topic next
This is important to sort out for a pending validation update for RedHat - so BobR wants to include this in v2.41.
- Wan-Teh's proposal isn't exactly a v2.41 approach - needs new functions - added in a way that would work for v3.0 - sort of a v3.0 "lite".
- The FIPS140-2 IV's must be generated externally. This new IG is an issue.
NIST CMVP feedback
- BobR plans to provide feedback through labs on the issue of changes and their impact on vendors.
- Valerie also provided rather direct feedback to NIST people at ICMC.
- How do we submit this? Tim suggested a comment with a motion from the TC for a member to submit on behalf of the TC.
- BobR will work on the wording for this for the next call.
- Nothing more on this topic outside the items already mentioned under v2.41
Face to Face - 26th Feb
BobR thinks that RedHat can host - still waiting on internal approvals but thinks this is on track.
- Tim - can apply to idTrust for funding for dinner.
Valerie will send email to Saikat&Tony about coordinating dates and the process for applying to idTrust for funding.
- Tim suggested also checking with Bruce Rich as he was until recently on the idTrust committee so he knows how that works.
- Tim provided an update - progressing well.
- Valerie - we had update from Jane. Note longer expo show hours.
Next meeting date
- 27th January 2016
Next meeting proposed agenda
- F2F organisation around RSA2016
- Dina raised issue on HMAC general mechanism. Signature length of 0 is meaningless. We will need to clean this up.
- Open action item. Tony to file to Jira.
- Will review action items at next meeting.
Call for late arrivals
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim Moves, Greg seconds, no abstentions, no objections. Motion approved