March 16, 2016 Meeting Minutes
Meeting commenced 8:00PM GMT
- Roll call (BobR)
- Review / approval of the agenda
- Review of previous meeting minutes (Feb 10 and 26 , 2016)
- Errata Process update
- V2.41 vs V3.00
- Dina: TLS 1.X text improvements
- Dina: DSA text improvements, new mechanism
- HMAC general mechanism. Signature length of 0. Issue closed?
- SHA3/Shake - Bob R
ChaCha20 - Chris Z
- Poly1305 - Chris Z
- ECDH Key Derivation - Christian
C_GenerateRandom - needs owner
C_renameToken, ChangeLabel and/or ClearTOken - Oracle
- CKA_UUID - Oracle
- Associating Attributes to Wrapped Keys - Graham S.
- New: AES XTS/CTS modes, needed?
- AEAD - Message Based Encryption Functions (BobR)
- AES GCM proposal (Bob R)
- Extending Function table (Bob R)
- Forking (remove fork behaviour from standard, add fork_safe flag) - needs owner
- KMIP mappings - needs owner
- NIST CMVP Feedback - Bob R.
- Potential face-to-face at ICMC
- Interop Update - Tony
- Topics for next call
- New Business
- Review Action Items
Motion to approve Agenda
- Greg moves. Chris seconds. No objections. No abstentions. Minutes approved.
Motion to approve meeting minutes
- Greg moves. Hai May seconds. No objections. No abstentions. Minutes approved.
Errata process update
- No update
- Valerie suggested using Google docs to track comments - will revisit when Tim is on the call.
V2.41 vs V3.00
- Dina stated that we should polish the document a little more to avoid errata for a full version release.
- Valerie: Suggested that we should only add functions in a full release (not a point release)
- Tony: to document some rationale for going to a full release as the committee agrees on it but will be handled as a subjective assessment for now.
- Bob: For this release it should be a full release due to the new function table
Motion to implement next version as 3.0
- Chris Moves, Hai-May seconds. No objections. No abstentions. Motion approved, Next version is c3.0.
v2.41 (now 3.0)
TLS 1.X text improvements
- Dina: Not ready yet - revisit
DSA text improvements
Dina: uncertainty about DSA v1 & 2 and if conformant to FIPS180-2 or 186-4. Creates issues with tokens that use DSA under the different FIPS versions.
- Dina: Discussed this in document uploaded just prior to meeting.
Bob: RedHat's implementation handles this programatically as there doesn't appear to be an issue as it simply a key size option
Bob & Dina to take discussion offline
HMAC general mechanism
- Dina: believes that spec is wrong WRT to allow signature length of 0.
- Chris: disagrees as there is a test vector for it.
- Dina: 0 bytes input is fine, concerned about output of 0. Spec indicates 0 is a valid output and perhaps it shouldn't
- Dina to bring forward a proposal to update spec to disallow 0 byte output
- Chris: Why just HMAC and not other MACs?
- Chris to look at this offline while DINA makes proposal.
- Bob - working on this
- Chris: no response received yet.
- Valerie: Circulated internally - waiting for feedback
ECDH Key Derivation
EncryptCancel, DigestCancel, etc
C_renameToken, ChangeLabel and/or ClearTOken
Associating Attributes to Wrapped Keys - Graham S.
New: AES XTS/CTS modes
AES GCM IV
Extending Function Table
NIST CMVP feedback, BobR
Potential face-to-face at ICMC
- Not enough people being there - no face to face
- Tony: Scanning for feedback on participation - more next week.
Next meeting date
- 30th March, 2016
- Open action item. Tony to file to Jira.
- We will review action items in the face to face meeting. A lot of those are older items for the co-chairs.
Call for late arrivals
- No late arrivals noted.
Motion to Adjourn
- Chris moves. Greg seconds. No objections. No abstentions. Meeting adjourned.