August 22, 2018 Meeting Minutes - Draft
Meeting commenced 1:00 PM PST
- Roll call (Tony) - quorum achieved.
- Roll call
- Review / approval of the agenda
- Approve Minutes (June 27, 2018)
- V3.0 Items
- Review Spec V3 from Chris Z
- Review Mechanisms V3 form Chris Z
- Profiles document
- Revisit Function list
- Update header files
- Planning to review/complete
- New business
- Next meeting
- Call for late arrivals
Motion to approve Agenda
- Dieter moved, Greg seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Agenda approved.
Motion to approve meeting minutes
- Greg moved. Daniel seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Minutes approved.
Review Spec V3 from Chris Z, Review Mechanisms V3 form Chris Z
- Current working draft still missing Bob's original comments, Valerie thinks there may be other comments (Darren, etc) missing as well
- Tony thinks it looks like there's more work to make the proposals fit into the document more seamlessly.
- Valerie noted that some comments had not been addressed.
- Discussion noted that recent changes have had content inserted but the editorial work make it work in context has not yet been done. "Inserted but not integrated"
Review Mechanisms V3 from Chris Z
- Chris not present
- Tim: Changes to document is pretty minor, not uploaded yet.
Revisit Functions List in headers and update header files overall
- Tim: Is the ability to return the list of supported interfaces worthwhile? We can ask for them by name, but cannot retrieve the list.
- Daniel replied with an alternative, finds the concept relevant. Uploaded document yesterday. Daniel included 4 open points. please consider them. Discuss by email on list.
- Bob agrees something is needed, will look at Daniel's proposal. We can adjust now.
- Tony - do we want to make an adjustment / fix in 3.0 (not specifying what that fix is)?
- Tim: likes the 2 function approach and agrees it needs to be fixed.
- Hamish: Agrees it is better to address now before anyone starts implementing.
- Valerie: sees the negative as slowing down the final document, but sees it as a bug and it would be better to address.
- Tim moves that the TC addresses the function retrieval issue (how will be discussed in next meeting). Hamish seconded. No abstentions, objections or comments. Motion approved.
- Bob wants to look at the comments now: He agrees we need to append the functions, and he has proposed headers to review.
- Tim thinks it could work / follow style of existing list functions.
- Bob agrees with Daniel that it makes sense to call th is before C_Initialize.
- This addresses most of Daniel's questions, he will up load a new version this week for review at the next meeting.
Update header files
- Bob posted link to OASIS repo.
- Editor (John L.) is not here
Planning for review/complete
- Tony: We would like to bring on the co-editor to help close out these review comments and close off the documents. Called for volunteers. Dieter volunteered.
- Tim moves to make Dieter the co-editor on the v3.0 documents. Gerry seconded. No objections, abstentions or comments. Motion approved.
- Tony will send the introduction email.
- Bob would like to discuss the licensing of the header file in the next meeting.
- Next meeting will be 5 Sept 2018.
Call for late arrivals
- 1 noted
Motion to Adjourn
- Greg moved. Tim seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Adjourned.