September 30, 2015 Meeting Minutes
Meeting commenced 8:00PM GMT
- Roll call (Bob G)
- Quorum achieved
- Co-chair vote
- Possible errata process
- Uploaded v2.41 docs
- any discussion
- RSA2016 Interop
Motion to approve Agenda
- Tim Moves, Bob R Seconds, no objections, no abstentions. Agenda approved
Motion to approve meeting minutes
- September 2nd, 2015
- September 16th, 2015
- Bob R Moves, Tim Seconds, no objections, no abstentions. Minutes approved
- Bob R resigned from the Co-Chair position from PKCS11 TC, handing over to Valerie
- Valerie thanked Bob G for his work and contribution to PKCS11 both within RSA and OASIS
- Bob G Nominated Bob R (Redhat) for Co-Chair. John L seconded. No objections, no abstentions, no call for voice vote. Bob R unanimously elected as Co-Chair of the PKCS11 TC
- Tony C made a motion to draft a formal thank you to Bob G on the main TC page. Bob R seconded, no objections, no abstentions. Motion carried. Tony to draft message for review.
Possible errata process
- Bob G: stated that OASIS has indicated an Errata be generated. The TC is required to request an Errata template from OASIS TC Admin. Bob G Moves, Tim Seconds, no objections, no abstentions. Errata to be requested.
- Motion for Bob G to become co-editor for Errata doc. Dina seconds, no objections, no abstentions. Bob is co-editor.
- Motion for Tim H to become co-editor for Errata doc. Bob G, no objections, no abstentions. Tim is co-editor.
- Tim H: Need to decide if the header files will be included in the errata doc as well as duplicated in an appendix, or just included in the main doc.
- Valerie: Concern about including both as they may get out of sync.
- Bob G: For the errata should not include an appendix.
- Tim H: Noted that per OASIS, the machine readable files are the definitive source. Moving forward, a consistent approach to header file + appendix or just header file. Note that in all cases, it is the machine readable files that are the definitive source, even if there is a conflict with the appendix (Header File Wins).
- Dina and Tony stated that having p[otential conflicts is a bad idea so sticking to the header files only seems to be the best approach.
- Bob G: need to provide change-bar versions of previous specs if we remove the appendices in previous versions.
- Motion to remove the appendices from all existing PKCS11 versions within the TC's purview. Bob G moves, Tim Seconds. Motion carried.
- Tony C provided an overview including noting that OASIS have amended the Interop Showcase Event rules based on previous events.
Motion - RSA2016 Interop Participation
- Bob G moves that the TC should participate in the Interop Showcase at RSA 2016, Tim seconds, no abstentions, no objections. Motion approved.
- Dina asked if it could be a demonstration and an interop. It is an interop.
Motion - RSA2016 Interop Lead
- BobG nominated Tony C as Interop Lead for the Interop Showcase at RSA 2016, Mark J seconded, no objections. Motion approved.
Uploaded v2.41 docs
- Bob G: worked on the 2.41 docs to bring the existing content into the updated OASIS templates. For the Spec, mechanisms and profiles, some of Tim's suggested changes were included to highlight the differences. They do still include the manifest constant appendices however references point to the machine readable files (reference locations will need to be updated). AES-XTS proposal from June has not been included at this point.
- Tim: indicated issues with reference to C encoding that need to be updated.
- Valerie noted some cross over between KMIP and PKCS11
- Tim as formal KMIP TC Liaison indicated that there are a range of items that can be moved into PKCS11
Next meeting proposed agenda
Call for late arrivals
- Three attendees - marked off
Motion to Adjourned
- Tim Moves, Dina seconds, no abstentions, no objections. Motion approved