QUOMOS Meeting of 2010-02-01

Conference Call Details:

1. dial-in for QUOMOS TC conference calls:

2. Chat-room support:

3. Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable , will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/ * view-only password: "quomos" * if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts. * people behind corporate firewalls may have difficulty accessing this. If that is the case, please download the [ slides] (when available) and running them locally. The speaker(s) will prompt you to advance the slides during the presentation. * note: unless previously arranged, this nominally will not be available.


Further QUOMOS information can be found on the QUOMOS Home Page

Agenda


  1. Volunteer for scribe for this meeting
    • PeterYim volunteered, and was appointed by the chair

  2. Roll Call - taken by JerrySmith

  3. Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting

  4. Establishing a standing agenda template (since this is our first real meeting) - the following template was discussed and will be used
    • volunteer scribe
    • roll call
    • approval of minutes
    • outstanding business
    • update on planned F2F meetings
    • work status update; schedule for next meeting and adjourn
  5. Definition of Work Program (deferred from our 2010.01.21 meeting)
    • develop the nomative CLIF QUOMOS ontology [ appointed editor: PatHayes ]

    • develop an OWL (OWL 2.0 DL) QUOMOS ontology as a derivative of the CLIF ontology [ editors: possibly RobRaskin & HansPeterDeKoning]

    • develop an UML version of QUOMOS based [ appointed editor: DavidLeal ]

    • develop the narrative (in English) for the standard [ editor: possibly EdBarkmeyer ]

    • develop a non-normative simplified Chinese translation (of the English narrative) for the standard [ appointed editor: LinZhang ]

    • make reference to standard OASIS TC process ... (add here)

    • we will plan out dates at a future meeting after we've got all the editors appointed
    • we will want to put up the workplan on the website
  6. Who is "missing" ... what else do we need on the team to get the work done
  7. Outstanding logistics issues
    • still don't have a place to meet for the 17-Mar-2010 F2F (NSF is out, Steve is trying for NIST)
  8. Action items
  9. For the next meeting's agenda:
    • discuss/adopt formats and tools for the standards document formats - FrankOlken suggested that people post suggestions to the list in the interim two weeks

    • we'll hope to start talking about real work ... starting with PatHayes (which he might email to the list in the interim)

  10. Next Meeting: Mon 2010.02.15 - 1 Hour starting 7:00am PST / 10:00pm EST / 4:00pm CET / 3:00pm GMT / 11:00pm CST / 15:00 UTC
  11. meeting adjourned: (motion: PeterYim ; second: JerrySmith) 2010.02.01 - 11:11am EST


Transcript of the in-session Chat:

quomos_chat-transcript_20100201a.txt

anonymous morphed into Frank Olken

anonymous morphed into Forest (Lin Zhang)

SteveRay: Welcome to the QUOMOS TC, Forest!

Forest (Lin Zhang): To Steve: Thanks, Steve.

anonymous morphed into Denny Vrandecic

Denny Vrandecic morphed into DennyVrandecic

Forest (Lin Zhang): TO PPY: Hi, Peter. Can I call in through Skype now? It told me the conf ID was wrong.

anonymous morphed into Chris Kreiler

PeterYim: sure ... key in 4591797#

Forest (Lin Zhang): Okay now. Thank you, Peter!

FrankOlken: I am on the chat room and teleconference.

PeterYim: QUOMOS Meeting of 2010-02-01

DennyVrandecic: my affiliation is KIT, Karlsruhe Institute of Technnology, Germany

PeterYim: Agenda:

PeterYim: # Volunteer for scribe for this meeting # Roll Call #

Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting # Establishing a standing agenda template (since this is our first real meeting) # Definition of Work Program (deferred from our 2010.01.21 meeting) # Who is "missing" .. what else do we need on the team to get the work done # Outstanding logistics issues

FrankOlken: Our next meeting will be in 2 weeks, Monday, Feb. 15, 10 AM Eastern Time.

FrankOlken: on to the work plan.

FrankOlken: Steve reports that we do not have a work plan yet.

FrankOlken: However, work plan implicit in the charter.

FrankOlken: Normative form will be in Common Logic - Pat Hayes.

FrankOlken: Derivative forms will be OWL and UML.

FrankOlken: We need a process oriented document, definition of CLIF version, OWL, UML, narrative (was to be by Ed Barkmeyer - if NIST participates).

FrankOlken: 4 major components: CLIF version (normative), OWL 2.0 DL, UML latest version, narrative (text document).

PatHayes: hi, sorry im late, timezone confusion.

FrankOlken: We may need a compliance document.

FrankOlken: Include review of draft documents by liaison organizations: VIM (International Metrology Vocabulary Committee).

FrankOlken: Standard OASIS process have several review cycles already specified.

FrankOlken: Pat Hayes will edit Common Logic (CLIF) version.

FrankOlken: Rob Raskin (NASA), Chip Masters, Hans Peter Koenig (European Space Agency) will work on OWL. QUDV is in OWL 1.0

FrankOlken: Steve Ray will check with OASIS about Has Peter Koenig (European Space Agency) and Roger Burkhart (John Deere) want to participate as OMG representative.

FrankOlken: They worked on QUDV.

FrankOlken: UML version is unassigned as yet.

FrankOlken: David Leal has volunteered to edit the UML version (will be based on CLIF version).

FrankOlken: The problem is with Hans Peter Koenig.

FrankOlken: David Leal is a member of the QUOMOS TC as an individual member. He has now attended 2 meetings. He will be voting member next meeting.

FrankOlken: Hopefully Ed Barkmeyer will edit the narrative - once NIST rejoins.....

Forest (Lin Zhang): To PPY: Do we need to provide non-English annotations for any of the 4 major components?

FrankOlken: Pat Hayes has joined the teleconference and will become a voting member at next meeting.

FrankOlken: Forest (Lin Zhang) has joined the teleconference.

FrankOlken: Chris Kreiler has joined the teleconference.

Forest (Lin Zhang): Thanks, FrankOlken and Peter.

FrankOlken: Jerry will check with Mary McCrae about non-normative translation into simplified Mandarin Chinese.

FrankOlken: Just simplified Chinese.

FrankOlken: Steve Ray will contact NIST and check with Ed Barkmeyer.

FrankOlken: Only Rob Raskin and Hans Peter Koening on the OWL 2.0 DL version. Chip Masters has new jobs uncertain about participation.

FrankOlken: The UML version will be editred by David Leal.

FrankOlken: Hoping that Ed Barkmeyer will edit the narrative portions.

FrankOlken: Expecting the Lin Zhange will edit a simplified Chinese translation.

DennyVrandecic: i'd volunteer on the OWL version if this help is considered useful (pending our participation status decision)

FrankOlken: Sean Barker (from BAE Systems) has joined the teleconference as an observer.

anonymous morphed into SeanBarker

FrankOlken: Send text for FAQ page to Jerry Smith at Jerry.Smith@disa.mil

QUOMOS Call 2010-02-01 (last edited 2010-02-15 16:52:27 by yimpp)