QUOMOS Meeting of 2010-02-01
Date: Thursday, 1-February-2010
- Start Time: 7:00am PST / 10:00pm EST / 4:00pm CET / 3:00pm GMT / 11:00pm CST / 15:00 UTC
see world clock for other time zones
- Expected Call Duration: 1.0 hours
Conference Call Details:
1. dial-in for QUOMOS TC conference calls:
- from a US telephone (US): +1-218-844-8060
- When calling in from a phone, use Conference ID: "4591797#"
- from Europe, call:
- Austria 0820-4000-1577
- Belgium 070-35-9992
- France 0826-100-280
- Germany 01805-00-7642
- Ireland 0818-270-037
- Italy 848-390-179
- Spain 0902-886-056
- Switzerland 0848-560-327
- UK 0844-581-9148
- callers from other countries please dial into either one of the US or European numbers
- domestic long distance cost will apply
- Please (if possible, and especially if you have a less-than-ideal connection) mute your phone, by pressing "*2" on your phone keypad, when one is not speaking. To un-mute, press "*3"
2. Chat-room support:
- (courtesy Doug Davis / IBM-alphaworks; some rights to usage reserved)
- point your browser to:
3. Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable , will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/ * view-only password: "quomos" * if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts. * people behind corporate firewalls may have difficulty accessing this. If that is the case, please download the [ slides] (when available) and running them locally. The speaker(s) will prompt you to advance the slides during the presentation. * note: unless previously arranged, this nominally will not be available.
Further QUOMOS information can be found on the QUOMOS Home Page
- Volunteer for scribe for this meeting
PeterYim volunteered, and was appointed by the chair
Roll Call - taken by JerrySmith
Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting
- Establishing a standing agenda template (since this is our first real meeting) - the following template was discussed and will be used
- volunteer scribe
- roll call
- approval of minutes
- outstanding business
- update on planned F2F meetings
- work status update; schedule for next meeting and adjourn
- Definition of Work Program (deferred from our 2010.01.21 meeting)
develop the nomative CLIF QUOMOS ontology [ appointed editor: PatHayes ]
develop an UML version of QUOMOS based [ appointed editor: DavidLeal ]
develop the narrative (in English) for the standard [ editor: possibly EdBarkmeyer ]
develop a non-normative simplified Chinese translation (of the English narrative) for the standard [ appointed editor: LinZhang ]
make reference to standard OASIS TC process ... (add here)
- we will plan out dates at a future meeting after we've got all the editors appointed
- we will want to put up the workplan on the website
- Who is "missing" ... what else do we need on the team to get the work done
- Outstanding logistics issues
- still don't have a place to meet for the 17-Mar-2010 F2F (NSF is out, Steve is trying for NIST)
- Action items
put up a workplan page on the TC website [JerrySmith]
- For the next meeting's agenda:
- Next Meeting: Mon 2010.02.15 - 1 Hour starting 7:00am PST / 10:00pm EST / 4:00pm CET / 3:00pm GMT / 11:00pm CST / 15:00 UTC
Transcript of the in-session Chat:
anonymous morphed into Frank Olken
anonymous morphed into Forest (Lin Zhang)
SteveRay: Welcome to the QUOMOS TC, Forest!
Forest (Lin Zhang): To Steve: Thanks, Steve.
anonymous morphed into Denny Vrandecic
Denny Vrandecic morphed into DennyVrandecic
Forest (Lin Zhang): TO PPY: Hi, Peter. Can I call in through Skype now? It told me the conf ID was wrong.
anonymous morphed into Chris Kreiler
PeterYim: sure ... key in 4591797#
Forest (Lin Zhang): Okay now. Thank you, Peter!
FrankOlken: I am on the chat room and teleconference.
PeterYim: QUOMOS Meeting of 2010-02-01
- Date: Thursday, 1-February-2010
- Start Time: 7:00am PST / 10:00pm EDT / 4:00pm CET / 3:00pm GMT / 11:00pm CST / 15:00 UTC
- Expected Call Duration: 1.0 hours
DennyVrandecic: my affiliation is KIT, Karlsruhe Institute of Technnology, Germany
PeterYim: # Volunteer for scribe for this meeting # Roll Call #
Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting # Establishing a standing agenda template (since this is our first real meeting) # Definition of Work Program (deferred from our 2010.01.21 meeting) # Who is "missing" .. what else do we need on the team to get the work done # Outstanding logistics issues
FrankOlken: Our next meeting will be in 2 weeks, Monday, Feb. 15, 10 AM Eastern Time.
FrankOlken: on to the work plan.
FrankOlken: Steve reports that we do not have a work plan yet.
FrankOlken: However, work plan implicit in the charter.
FrankOlken: Normative form will be in Common Logic - Pat Hayes.
FrankOlken: Derivative forms will be OWL and UML.
FrankOlken: We need a process oriented document, definition of CLIF version, OWL, UML, narrative (was to be by Ed Barkmeyer - if NIST participates).
FrankOlken: 4 major components: CLIF version (normative), OWL 2.0 DL, UML latest version, narrative (text document).
PatHayes: hi, sorry im late, timezone confusion.
FrankOlken: We may need a compliance document.
FrankOlken: Include review of draft documents by liaison organizations: VIM (International Metrology Vocabulary Committee).
FrankOlken: Standard OASIS process have several review cycles already specified.
FrankOlken: Pat Hayes will edit Common Logic (CLIF) version.
FrankOlken: Rob Raskin (NASA), Chip Masters, Hans Peter Koenig (European Space Agency) will work on OWL. QUDV is in OWL 1.0
FrankOlken: Steve Ray will check with OASIS about Has Peter Koenig (European Space Agency) and Roger Burkhart (John Deere) want to participate as OMG representative.
FrankOlken: They worked on QUDV.
FrankOlken: UML version is unassigned as yet.
FrankOlken: David Leal has volunteered to edit the UML version (will be based on CLIF version).
FrankOlken: The problem is with Hans Peter Koenig.
FrankOlken: David Leal is a member of the QUOMOS TC as an individual member. He has now attended 2 meetings. He will be voting member next meeting.
FrankOlken: Hopefully Ed Barkmeyer will edit the narrative - once NIST rejoins.....
Forest (Lin Zhang): To PPY: Do we need to provide non-English annotations for any of the 4 major components?
FrankOlken: Pat Hayes has joined the teleconference and will become a voting member at next meeting.
FrankOlken: Forest (Lin Zhang) has joined the teleconference.
FrankOlken: Chris Kreiler has joined the teleconference.
Forest (Lin Zhang): Thanks, FrankOlken and Peter.
FrankOlken: Just simplified Chinese.
FrankOlken: Steve Ray will contact NIST and check with Ed Barkmeyer.
FrankOlken: Only Rob Raskin and Hans Peter Koening on the OWL 2.0 DL version. Chip Masters has new jobs uncertain about participation.
FrankOlken: The UML version will be editred by David Leal.
FrankOlken: Hoping that Ed Barkmeyer will edit the narrative portions.
FrankOlken: Expecting the Lin Zhange will edit a simplified Chinese translation.
DennyVrandecic: i'd volunteer on the OWL version if this help is considered useful (pending our participation status decision)
FrankOlken: Sean Barker (from BAE Systems) has joined the teleconference as an observer.
anonymous morphed into SeanBarker