Minutes Con Call 3rd September 2010 - Approved at meeting on 24th September 2010

Topic: Intro

Roll: Martin, Kim, Patrick, Jacques, Mary

Agenda approved as posted

Topic: minutes

Minutes 18th August. http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201008/msg00048.html Minutes approved w/o

Agreed to post to wiki.

Topic: Action Items

ACTION-20100728-0: Chair to revamp TAB pages and wiki to reflect 2010/2011 focus. ongoing

ACTION-20100728-2: TAB Members to think of some questions that Chairs might need answering wrt to the new TC Process. Done

Mary will write up a summary of changes and include some of the questions that have been asked, and then invite chairs to ask questions.

ACTION-20100729-2: Mary to get a TAB-Board-Staff list setup (name to be determined) Ongoing

ACTION-20100729-4: Mary to request addition of Jacques and Patrick to the Board Process SC list. Ongoing

ACTION-20100729-5: Chair to inform Board Process SC chair of the TAB liaison appointments. Done

ACTION-20100729-6: Chair to request Staff to provide TAB with KAVI-5 project plan and process description. Done

ACTION-20100728-3: Mary to put together a project plan for rollout of the new TC process and all the tasks that are required. Ongoing. Mary has been focussed on doing the tasks rather then writting a plan!

ACTION-20100730-0: TAB members review existing material on naming and propose additions to the list of naming principles agreed at the F2f. Done. Action subsumed by the work on writing the guidelines.

ACTION-20100813-0: think of criteria of why members would come to the TAB instead of TC Admin (relates to ask the tab activity.) Ongoing. Mary, come to the TAB for more broader advice which isnt in the TC process e.g. how to write conformance

ACTION-20100813-1: Martin to propose new charter to emphasis can advise on Liaison policy as well as TC process Ongoing

ACTION-20100813-2: Martin to add some text to his draft section on testing policy to say testing plays an important role in the adoption of a standard and product marketability which can happen after a standard is made and outside the TC. Ongoing

Topic: Naming Guidelines update

Mary. At the F2f we talked about a short and sweet version to incorporate the principles we agreed at the F2F. Patrick and Jacques will work together to prepare a draft and use tab call times to discuss.

NEW ACTION-20100903-0: Patrick and Jacques to draft new naming policy.

Topic: Charter discission

no progress

Topic: Standards Dependency and Citations update

no progress

Topic: Interop/Testing Policy Update

Martin still needs to update his TC process section. Still need examples (sca, ws-i)

Topic: Kavi-5 migration

Apart from interaction between Martin and Scott, where Scott confirmed Greg as PM, nothing to report.

Topic: AOB

Mary, goal is to have material for the roll-out of the new process before the 15th Oct deadline. Are TAB members willing to review and provide quick turn-around is mini-topics? If we dont do this bit by bit, then a buildup will mean a mass of material to review. Just getting started on this so expect review cycles starting next week. Review emails will be sent to the TAB. Might use Jira for this (at least to log issues to address later) All to try to comment, not to rotate.

Just stay quiet if you have no comments. Silence equals acceptance.

There is another document that has a longer review period that Mary will send out as will ("mostly everything you need to know about the oasis tc process".)

Next formal meeting 24the sept.

Meeting closed


Summary of new and open action items:

ACTION-20100728-0: Chair to revamp TAB pages and wiki to reflect 2010/2011 focus.

ACTION-20100729-2: Mary to get a TAB-Board-Staff list setup (name to be determined)

ACTION-20100729-4: Mary to request addition of Jacques and Patrick to the Board Process SC list. Ongoing

ACTION-20100728-3: Mary to put together a project plan for rollout of the new TC process and all the tasks that are required.

ACTION-20100813-0: think of criteria of why members would come to the TAB instead of TC Admin (relates to ask the tab activity.)

ACTION-20100813-1: Martin to propose new charter to emphasis can advise on Liaison policy as well as TC process

ACTION-20100813-2: Martin to add some text to his draft section on testing policy to say testing plays an important role in the adoption of a standard and product marketability which can happen after a standard is made and outside the TC.

ACTION-20100903-0: Patrick and Jacques to draft new naming policy.

20100903 (last edited 2010-09-24 20:31:14 by martin.chapman)