Minutes Conference Call 22nd October 2010. Approved 5th November 2010.

1. Intro

Roll: Martin, Jacques, Robin, Patrick, Mary, Greg

Agenda: approved as posted

2. Minutes

24th September: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201009/msg00031.html No comments, approved w/o. Agreed to post to the wiki

8th October: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201010/msg00129.html No comments, approved w/o. Agreed to post to the wiki.

3. Action Items

ACTION-20100728-0: Chair to revamp TAB pages and wiki to reflect 2010/2011 focus. Ongoing

ACTION-20100729-2: Mary to get a TAB-Board-Staff list setup (name to be determined) Done.

ACTION-20100728-3: Mary to put together a project plan for rollout of the new TC process and all the tasks that are required. Done.

ACTION-20100813-0: think of criteria of why members would come to the TAB instead of TC Admin (relates to ask the tab activity.) Ongoing

ACTION-20100813-1: Martin to propose new charter to emphasis can advise on Liaison policy as well as TC process Ongoing

ACTION-20100813-2: Martin to add some text to his draft section on testing policy to say testing plays an important role in the adoption of a standard and product marketability which can happen after a standard is made and outside the TC. Ongoing

ACTION-20100903-0: Patrick and Jacques to draft new naming policy. Done ACTION-20100924-0: Patrick to produce an initial draft of a new naming policy over the weekend. Done

4. TC Process roll-out update

Mary reports the roll out has been smooth. Webinar was done last Wednesday, attended by 8 people. Mary will record a version for people to watch offline. First live document (odf interop) has gone through PR and ironed out some bugs. Any issues and tips will be posted to tc-members.

New TC started yesterday will be a good test case for non-standards track documents.

TCs need to transition to the new templates once we are comfortable that the templates are final. Mary will ask people to queue up documents to be transitioned and will then take them one at a time and do the conversion overnight.

Robin Cover: Mary's example: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/documents.php and look at "Official Work Products" folder

Leaving the working draft number up to each tc.

Naming Directives: editorial updates/typos send to Robin, other substantive issue we need to log and resolve.

5. Standards Dependency and Citations update

work is still ongoing

6. Interop/Testing Policy Update

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/tab/TestingPolicy

Need to add references to example practice and work (SCA is a good example). Need to add Martin's text about how it relates to the TC process.

7. Kavi-5 Migration Update

Greg goes over his slides: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/staff-board-tab/201010/msg00000.html

Need to make it clear who gets a say to build up consensus, and who gets the final say. Write down the decision making process up front

Request that there is one JIRA for all stakeholders to see, and also access is made easier. Ideally can be outside the firewall, esp wrt cloudfour interaction.

Currently in the discovery/scoping/costing phase. Output will be shared with the TAB.

TAB to think about getting involved in usability. Accounts can be created now, but really waiting for the discovery phase to finish. This is outside vpn, hosted by Kavi, so is easier to play with than in the previous project.

8. AOB

Statements of use

The Board Process SC had some discussion on improving statements of use. There are two broad issues: 1 recognizing non oasis-members providing statements 2. demonstrating coverage of all the conformance clauses

on 1), open source projects might fall into the category

there are some committee specs out there that have been used/adopted world-wide but have not met the criteria to go to OASIS standard.

It's hard to draw the line between a open source hosting (sourceforge) and an open source project (apache). No conclusions today but will continue discussing.

Meeting adjourned.


Summary of New and Existing Action Items:

ACTION-20100728-0: Chair to revamp TAB pages and wiki to reflect 2010/2011 focus. Ongoing

ACTION-20100813-0: think of criteria of why members would come to the TAB instead of TC Admin (relates to ask the tab activity.) Ongoing

ACTION-20100813-1: Martin to propose new charter to emphasis can advise on Liaison policy as well as TC process Ongoing

ACTION-20100813-2: Martin to add some text to his draft section on testing policy to say testing plays an important role in the adoption of a standard and product marketability which can happen after a standard is made and outside the TC. Ongoing

20101022 (last edited 2010-11-05 16:25:18 by martin.chapman)