Minutes 5th November 2010. Approved on 19th November.

Intro:

Minutes:

Action Items:

ACTION-20100728-0: Chair to revamp TAB pages and wiki to reflect 2010/2011 focus. Ongoing

ACTION-20100813-0: think of criteria of why members would come to the TAB instead of TC Admin (relates to ask the tab activity.) ongoing

ACTION-20100813-1: Martin to propose new charter to emphasis can advise on Liaison policy as well as TC process Done

ACTION-20100813-2: Martin to add some text to his draft section on testing policy to say testing plays an important role in the adoption of a standard and product marketability which can happen after a standard is made and outside the TC. Done

TAB Charter:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201011/msg00000.html

Agreed to remove the second occurrence of "The TAB does not make any binding decisions on the actions of OASIS. " change "Providing technical advice to the Board. " to "Providing technical advice to the Board and Staff." change "This TAB voting authority is established solely as a mechanism to help formulate TAB recommendations to the Board." to "This

TAB voting authority is established solely as a mechanism to help formulate TAB recommendations to the Board and Staff."

Jacques motions to approve the charter as modifies above, 2nd Patrick. Passed w/o

ACTION-20101005-0: Martin to forward to board to request approval of charter.

Standards Dependency and Citations update:

Ongoing.

Interop/Testing Policy Update:

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/tab/TestingPolicy

Need to wrap this up. What remains is to add in section 5 some pointers to real examples of assertions, cases and report templates. SCA provides good examples. WS-I also provides examples esp test reports.

wrap up this deliverable, and next deliverable will be to outline policy changes/additions

Martin's latest proposed addition: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201011/msg00001.html

ACTION-20101005-1: Martin to paste the text into the testingpolicy wiki page

Kavi-5 Migration Update:

Greg sent out a latest SOW, soon to be signed off. Patrick would like to see a group of volunteer OASIS members to help during each stage of the project. The TAB on its own doesn't represent an adequate cross section. Ordinary users need to be involved to test interfaces, give feedback and then have those interfaces modified. Mary, discovery phase will be finished end November, so can only be involved after that. Mary, probably best to target people rather than just ask for volunteers. need a range of experiences. Jacques (Fujitsu): +1 for a targeted group of reviewers. Patrick, target people but also ask for volunteers. We need to understand the goals, logistics and effort required by such a group

Think about who might be able to serve on such a group (different experience levels) - without approaching them just yet!

ACTION 20101005-2: Patrick to draft a proposal for a KAVI-5 user group

AOB:

Meeting adjourned.


Summary of New and Open Action Items:

ACTION-20100728-0: Chair to revamp TAB pages and wiki to reflect 2010/2011 focus.

ACTION-20100813-0: think of criteria of why members would come to the TAB instead of TC Admin (relates to ask the tab activity.)

ACTION-20101005-0: Martin to forward to board to request approval of charter.

ACTION-20101005-1: Martin to paste the text into the testingpolicy wiki page.

ACTION 20101005-2: Patrick to draft a proposal for a KAVI-5 user group

20101105 (last edited 2010-11-19 17:10:06 by martin.chapman)