Minutes 3rd December 2010. Agreed at meeting on 17th December 2010
- Roll: Martin, Patrick, Dave Ings, Jacques Regrets: Mary Agenda:
Add discussion of Jacques conformance language change: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201012/msg00006.html Approved as amended.
19th November: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201011/msg00025.html Approved w/o Agreed to post to wiki
- ACTION-20100728-0: Chair to revamp TAB pages and wiki to reflect 2010/2011 focus. Ongoing ACTION-20101005-1: Martin to paste the text into the testing policy wiki page. ACTION-20101019-0: Martin to update his testing text based on Jacque's comments Both done. On agenda ACTION 20101005-2: Patrick to draft a proposal for a KAVI-5 user group Ongoing
- Martin notes that since they are now only 30 days, and only 3 of us to do them we are under more pressure. We do need to share the load. Perhaps volunteer instead of being allocated. Jacques: maybe we can come up with a checklist of the parts of the spec that must be reviewed Dave suggest revisit the "review all spec" policy. Either we need to subset the groups of specs, subset the parts of a spec, or just not commit to review all specs Martin: maybe we should focus on TCs we are not involved in. Need better identification of 30/15/60 day public reviews. ACTION-20101203-0: Martin to request TC-Admin to make the length of public review more visible in the subject line of PR announcements. Continue discussion at next meeting. The following reviews were allocated at this meeting:
- Energy Interop - Martin JMS Testing - Jacques SCA POJO - Patrick
Standards Dependency and Citations update:
Interop/Testing Policy Update:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/tab/TestingPolicy Jacque's comment and martin's response accepted.
Patrick points out a problem: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201012/msg00014.html Jacque's response: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201012/msg00015.html Jacques (Fujitsu): A specification should clearly distinguish normative statements and Requirements from non-normative parts and sentences. Agree to remove the (rfc...) as noted by Patrick Jacques text above to replace so new bullet would read A specification should clearly distinguish normative statements and requirements from non-normative parts and sentences. Unique labels for each normative statement greatly helps tracking of down (and back up) the test assertions and test cases. Martin will update the text based on these comments. Tab members to QA over the weekend and email approval on Monday. ACTION-20101203-1: Martin to produce final draft of Interop and Testing Policy and email for approval. Once approved will send links to board and chairs to ask for review comments. Will also put in OASIS News.
- Not seen any traffic on this topic Martin to request an update from Greg. Even a report that says "nothing to report" is better than silence. Jacques: QA can be done when modules are available, we don't have to wait until the end.
Conformance Clause Definition:
Discussion of Jacque's conformance language change proposal: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201012/msg00006.html Need to align definitions of conformance clause between conf guidelines and TC Process. We can look are revising the guidelines based on experience and/or making them more formal wrt TC Process. Put on agenda for next meeting
- Next meeting on 17th Dec. Cancel 31st Dec.
Summary of New and Open Action Items:
- ACTION-20100728-0: Chair to revamp TAB pages and wiki to reflect 2010/2011 focus. ACTION 20101005-2: Patrick to draft a proposal for a KAVI-5 user group ACTION-20101203-0: Martin to request TC-Admin to make the length of public review more visible in the subject line of PR announcements. ACTION-20101203-1: Martin to produce final draft of Interop and Testing Policy and email for approval.