Minutes Conference Call, 17th December 2010
- Roll: Martin, Patrick, Jacques, Mary, Dave Agenda: approved as posted
3rd December: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201012/msg00017.html Approved Agreed to post to wiki.
- ACTION-20100728-0: Chair to revamp TAB pages and wiki to reflect 2010/2011 focus. Ongoing. Pages will need an update to reflect new TC Admin ACTION 20101005-2: Patrick to draft a proposal for a KAVI-5 user group Ongoing ACTION-20101203-0: Martin to request TC-Admin to make the length of public review more visible in the subject line of PR announcements. Done. Mary changed the template to include the length of review in the subject line. ACTION-20101203-1: Martin to produce final draft of Interop and Testing Policy and email for approval. Done
Standards Dependency and Citations update:
- Ongoing. Another draft after the holidays.
Interop/Testing Policy Update:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/tab/TestingPolicy Jacques: section 6 might be a different audience to the rest of the document. Martin: this wasn't really the intention, although there is a possible affect on the TC process. Will not be putting out for review until January so there is one last chance to review.
Kavi-5 Migration Update:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/staff-board-tab/email/archives/201012/msg00000.html http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/staff-board-tab/email/archives/201012/msg00001.html Patrick asks whether the last link is reporting on things that have happened or are going to happen e.g. "Committees (Public TC web presence) drupalized" Patrick to ask for clarification on the tab-staff list.
TC Process - Conformance Clarification:
- Two items - update to the conformance guidelines, and an update to TC process. Main problem is TC process makes reference to "conformance clause" but does not define the term. Agreed to start with the TC Process and work backwards
TC process proposal from Jacques: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201012/msg00047.html Jacques: add definition of conformance clause, a tweak to the statement of use definition. Martin: is it the intention that a statement of use should declare which clause is being conformed to. Mary: that would be nice Seems that we would like that the actual clause(s) being conformed to must be declared in the statement of use. Dave: the principles being asked is ok, but is this too prescriptive for the TC process? Two related things. tighten up statement of use, and 2) get TC to write better conformance clauses Jacques: the proposed tweak is more of a tidy up, not intended to be too prescriptive Dave: need conformance cluster in the TC process Martin: Maybe replace statement of use with statement of conformance? General agreement that the TC Process is not currently self-contained with respect to conformance and we should look into making it so. We need to work on a standalone definition of conformance clause for the TC process. ACTION 20101217-0: Jacques to propose a definition of conformance clause for the TC Process
- Next meeting: scheduled for 14th Thanks to Mary for her participation on the TAB as TC Admin. The TAB cannot imagine OASIS without Mary, and wishes her the very best of luck in her new venture. Transition plans for TC Admin being decided later today. Happy Holidays!
Summary of New and Open Action Items:
- ACTION-20100728-0: Chair to revamp TAB pages and wiki to reflect 2010/2011 focus. ACTION 20101005-2: Patrick to draft a proposal for a KAVI-5 user group ACTION 20101217-0: Jacques to propose a definition of conformance clause for the TC Process