Minutes of TAB Meeting 28th January 2011
- Roll: Martin, Robin, Jacques, Patrick Agenda: agreed as posted
17th January: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201101/msg00023.html Approved w/o Agreed to post to wiki
3. Action Items
- ACTION-20100728-0: Chair to revamp TAB pages and wiki to reflect 2010/2011 focus. Done TAB members should read and comment ACTION 20101005-2: Patrick to draft a proposal for a KAVI-5 user group
Done. http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201101/msg00026.html ACTION-20110117-0: Martin to check the issue raising and resolution process for KAVI-5 project. Done. There is no formal or document process ACTION-20110117-1 Jacques: propose 2 definitions one for conformance clause and one for conformance section. Done. on agenda
4. Board Report
First draft at: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201101/msg00040.html Important to raise to the Board that there is no way for Members to send comments to to the TAB, similar to submitting comments to a TC for a public review Changes made to the draft. Martin will send out v2 The current board agenda has the TAB report on 3rd February at 10am pt. Aim to have final version sent to Board on Monday 31st Jan.
5. TC Admin issues on updates to NamingDir, Templates, Handbook
- Robin reported that TCs are finding hard to find the information that they need e.g. web forms for CD/PRs Messages to members getting lost, chairs not knowing what to do. Need better links from the handbook out to other documents and guidelines. Some changes in documents are needed to help navigate. Robin asked what process/agreement we have about changing documents. Martin proposes that non-substantive/normative changes do not require TAB agreement but should be sent to the tab for review e.g. adding examples, links to other docs. Substantive/normative changes need proposals brought to the TAB. Version and change log will be recorded in the documents. Naming directive are heavily biased to specifications and might night not be appropriate for committee notes; when creating templates for notes, e.g. presentations, the directives might not be appropriate. Add to the short term work plan to examine appropriateness of the Naming Directives when producing committee notes - needs to be aligned with TC Process requirements.
6. Interop/Testing Policy Update
- As mentioned in Board Report we need guidance as to how best to collect comments.
7. TC Process - Conformance Clarification
Jacque's definition proposal and Martin's response: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201101/msg00039.html
Jacque's latest email: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201101/msg00042.html Proposal to adopt Martin's revision and then forward to Board Process SC ACTION-20110128-0: Robin and Patrick to review the proposed conformance definitions and signal approval by 31st Jan.
- Martin on vacation week of 7th so cannot do call on 11th Next call Monday Feb 14th at 11am PT
Summary of New and Open Action Items:
- ACTION-20110128-0: Robin and Patrick to review the proposed conformance definitions and signal approval by 31st Jan.