Meeting Minutes 22 April 2011. Approved 6th May 2011.
- Roll: Martin, Patrick, Jacques, Chet, Robin Regrets: Dave Welcome to Chet as new TC-Admin. Chet will be the new Staff rep to the TAB.
Agenda: Agreed as posted
8th April: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201104/msg00010.html Approved w/o Agreed to post to the wiki
- None outstanding
Board F2F Report:
- Include in the report: three proposed guidelines out for review Send to Martin any public reviews
Standards Dependency and Citations update:
- Patrick is working on display issues. Will send something to the TAB for review, and possible include in board report.
Public review guidelines:
- As a result of ws-calendar review, having 15 days to review what is essentially a complete re-write is not enough time to review the changes. Do we propose changes to tc process and/or write guidelines. Jacques: Maybe give some powers to TC Admin (which of course could be appealed). Note that TC Process only gives minimum timelines for review. Robin: need to think about this. The first goal is to improve quality of specs, length of review process is secondary. Robin: a range of interconnected topics, but prime goal is to improve quality Martin: agree we need to look at a broader range of issue, maybe even reverse the rule requiring a PR for pure editorial Agreed to add as a standing agenda item for our meetings.
7. Kavi-5/web site update
- Goal of recent roll-out is primarily a back end stability and ease of web content management for staff, based on the drupal platform. Jacques: a more formal way to log and view issues for members would be nice. Robin: other orgs like w3c have mailing lists which are archived and visible. Chet: maybe have a "web ex" meeting to view each others issues and log any common problems Robin Cover (OASIS): Maybe check with Dee Schur about Citrix screenshare tool (agreements for use) Jacques: need both a "web ex" session, plus a defect tracking system that is visible to members Robin: encourages TAB Members to take time to make the feedback Martin notes that TAB content is missing (summary etc) Patrick: some pages are just long - multiple page downs to view content. Can we get some real users to provide feedback.
Robin Cover (OASIS): Patrick, were you looking at: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office After we have ironed out our issues, do a proper usability review Chet: in previous role had very successful experience doing a usability study with sample users Action: Martin and staff to look into "web ex" meeting facility.
- On agenda for next time is preferred meeting time (current: Friday at 8am pdt vs backup: Thursday at 11am pdt)