Meeting Minutes 6th May 2011
- Roll: Martin, Jacques, Robin, Chet, Patrick, Carol Agenda: Add TAB web site visibility, and .discussion on meeting times. Agenda approved as modified.
22nd April: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201104/msg00028.html Approved w/o Agreed to post to wiki.
Board F2F Report Debrief:
- Martin provided a quick debrief from the Board F2F. On our proposed guidelines and policy documents out for review, this raised the age old issue of how to bless TAB documents and what standing they have. Conformance guidelines are the best example, as there was no formal approval of them outside the TAB, yet they do have a certain level of status. The Board provided no feedback on ours to examine Public Reviews - as discussed at our last meeting. This suggests a willingness to listen to suggestions for improvements. Dave raised the issue of clarifying goals and role of the TAB. Dave to follow up with TAB. Patrick: Board reluctant to bless the TAB with any powers Martin: if it is advisory only there is very little power, and not really attractive to join Chet: if we have a process in place to approve docs with board/staff, that gives a foundation for authority.
TAB Visibility on web site:
- Carol joined the call to discuss the new website. TAB is found under the about menu, which links to a page with an overview and TAB member pics. On the right, related links point to the man tab page, the tab wiki, and link to minutes
- Carol: do you want any more info? Jacques: biggest issue is that it is buried under the about menu bar Carol: hard to jugle real estate, and everyone wants more prominence! Patrick: Making output of TAB more visible is more desirable than advertising the TAB itself Robin: we need to do some more work to support members. Initial drupal site is a transition, so new functionality and support can be worked on. Carol: have linkedin and facebook pages, so TAB work can be advertised through there.
Standards Dependency and Citations update:
- Patrick screwed up something and needs to re-do his visualisation: watch this space!
Public review guidelines:
- Standing agenda item, nothing discussed this week.
Kavi-5/web site update:
- We will use a web session to gather data. data can then be classified and triaged accordingly. There is a gotomeeting account that we can use. Chet will liaise with Dee to set this up. This will be main agenda topic for next time. Patrick: each person needs to prepare what they want to show to others We agreed that this is an exercise within the TAB to share comments before compiling official feedback. We also discussed a need for a public facing (at least member facing) bugtracking tool to log and followup on feedback. This would be different from the support process and tools of the current website. There was a lot of support for this so we need to followup on this at some point.
- Talk about meeting time next time.