Meeting Minutes 20th May 2011. Approved 3rd June 2011.
- Roll: Martin, Jacques, Patrick, Dave.
- Regrets: Chet
- Approved as posted. Note the posted web conference didn't seem to work so had to abandon that idea.
- Approved w/o Agreed to post to wiki
Preferred Meeting Time:
- Current Friday at 8am pdt vs proposed Thursday at 11am pdt We had delayed this because of Chet settling in to see what his preference is. Unfortunately he sent in regrets for today's meeting! Decided to leave as is but agree the Thursday time to be preferred backup time should we need to change from Friday. Will re-evaluate at start of next TAB year in August.
Standards Dependency and Citations update:
- Screenshot almost available - size problems. Patrick to send screen shots, may also generate html, though that will be more static.
Public review guidelines:
- Related issues: Jacques will take the ICOM 30 day PR.
- Reminder that the due date for review comments of our interop/testing guidelines is 27th May
Kavi-5/web site update:
- Web conf not working so each highlighting our top issues over the phone. Goal is to collect TAB recommendations on improvements. Individuals can feedback personal style/colour preferences! Martin's Top issue: content of Popup box when hovering over a menu item doesn't bear much relationship to the content on the page when clicking the menu button. Expect to see similar headings in the pop-up box and in the underlying page. Patrick: there is a menu at top and bottom of page which is a duplication. The bottom menu is revealed after scrolling. In addition after the second "lower" menu bar there are other navigation boxes with more menus, which is not expected. Better layout, less scrolling and less duplication required. Jacques: some pages are hard to navigate - too much unstructured information on them e.g. list of standards. there are better ways to do this i.e. don't present this list as a whole. Martin: in Firefox 4 menu bar wraps around at normal zoom level and the page title and search box overlays the menu background. Just looks messy, this happens in other browsers when zooming in and out. Seem to have fixed borders on left and right, as opposed to letting the page expand to fit the window width. Patrick: Not clear who the front landing page is for. If it for members half the content is not interesting, if it's for non members it isn't targeted enough. Cramming too much info on one page because trying to appeal to all audiences is not the best approach. Maybe a more simple public page and have the detail in a members only landing page. Jacques: the events page has a different look and feel to the rest of the site. Events menu item does not have a pop up sub menu In addition the pop up boxes are transparent and reveal the menu text below. Getting slightly different behaviours in different browsers. Need to state which browsers the site has been tested on. The text under the OASIS logo is small and hard to read and also doesn't render too well (fuzzy at the edges) - similar rendering comment on other graphics borrowed from the old web site.
- Patrick: sent out a note about ODF TC wanting an open conference, but they realize that there might be IP issues if non TC members attend. Is there a template IP waiver? Martin: would require some form of feedback licence though don't know if one exists in OASIS aside from PR click thru agreement. Jamie has been consulted.