Meeting Minutes 3rd June 2011. Approved on 17th June.
- Roll: Martin, Jacques, Chet, Dave, Scott, Dee, Robin Agenda: approved as posted
20th May: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201105/msg00014.html Approved without objection Agreed to post to wiki
Action Items: None
Standards Dependency and Citations update:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201105/msg00016.html Patrick not here so skip until next meeting.
Public review guidelines:
- Standing agenda item. Not discussed
- Some comments from Rob Weir, IBM. Dave will forward on. Discuss next meeting.
Kavi-5/web site update:
- Using the gotomeeting to go over issues raised at the last meeting. Martin's Top issue: content of Popup box when hovering over a menu item doesn't bear much relationship to the content on the page when clicking the menu button. Expect to see similar headings in the pop-up box and in the underlying page. Also need some means of maintaining the context - e.g. by a breadcrumb trail or by dropping a sub-menu below the top menu options Also suggest a note indicating that we have tested the web site on core browsers/versions that we've tested on. Chet ensign: In case other users of the web site see odd displays such as Martin's menu wrapping behavior Turning to Jacque's issue with some pages being hard to navigate Martin: note that Jacques is still showing some borders in grey, might be related to my menu wrap around issue. Top link (e.g. Standards) exactly same as if you click on the link List of standards is very long - add an alphabet bar at the top? Something to make the list a bit easier to navigate? The table (below the alphabetic list) provides the links to the material about each spec - current design is a vestige of the old web site. Too much info on one page. Perhaps clicking on the link takes you not into the table below but instead to an individual display for the linked spec Member section pages appear to be vestiges of old page - Scott: MS pages have not yet been changed from the old design Comparing OASIS-Blue and OASIS-LegalXML - very different And events brings yet another menu bar / style Scott: Some of this - eg LegalXML - is simply not yet migrated to Drupal Some logos starting to get fuzzy - could use updating the graphics
Touch them up & bring up to higher resolution displays. Example: Join this TC button on TC web page Turning to Patrick's issues: #1 - Who is audience for main page - seems to be mix of info for current members and for recruiting Scott: we have wrestled with this question for a long time. 3 fold intent: info for non-members; starting point for members; demonstration to general public that there's a lot going on - desire to ensure that page displays to general viewer that there is value to joining Oasis #2 - most of the pages require a lot of scrolling Repeat menu at screen bottom is different format from screen top The additional menus (Other Sites - XML.org Focus Areas) at the bottom - 'off-page' so to speak. Scott: this was a deliberate design decision - placing it 'below the fold' Scott: we wanted to make sure there was visible indication on pages that there was more stuff down below... Martin: But will people notice? We briefly discussed what constitutes a good web design. Without engaging consultants we could probably agree consistent navigation, and agreed and document
- the purpose for each page (public, member, summary, detail etc)
or via the email address email@example.com