Meeting Minutes 26th August 2011. Approved 9th September 2011.
- Roll: Martin, Jacques, Robin, Chet, Patrick, Dave Agenda: approved as posted
- Approved w/o Agreed to post to wiki
- All actions still on going except: ACTION 20110727-4: Robin/Chet to come up with a proposal to stream line CD/PR publication and meta-data management Done, on this agenda ACTION 20110728-3: Jacques to Propose ways to acknowledge external implementations wrt statements of use. Done. proposal sent out
Topic: Designated Cross Reference Status
Discussion of proposal at: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/43182/DRAFT-language-changes-TAB-issue-DCR-and-CSD-ChetE-08-11.odt Robin Cover (OASIS): +1 we never alter published specifications Robin Cover (OASIS): "Motions for Public Reviews,"... coordinate by naming them Robin Cover (OASIS): "following status changes" perhaps better "approval motions" Robin Cover (OASIS): or: "Work Product Approval Motions" Robin Cover (OASIS): Jacques wonders about different Chair/Editor should be an allowed change Jacques: editors/contributors should be in list of allowed changes Martin: this is a valid issue, but a different issue, make a separate proposal If the version of a referenced oasis work product is expected to change, it is not valid to use the DCR mechanism in this case Jacques: need to make it very clear that you cannot do a dcr for csv1 to csv2 Martin: that will not be allowed as the actual status change of csv1 to wdv2 is not a valid status change for dcr Patrick: need to make it clear that once you publish a status change of a ref work product cannot be updated publication either implements the DCR or cancels it, and it can never be repeated Jacques (Fujitsu): the "window" of change allowed by a DCR, could be made clearer (how far a DCR can keep-up with the evolution of referenced doc)
- Jacques (Fujitsu): +1 to bringing that draft up to TC process
Topic: CD/PR Optimization
Discussion of Chet's sample doc: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/43328/DRAFT-CSPRD-LINK-DOC-eml-v7.0-csprd01.htm Duplicate production of a c*d and a prd, takes time and is redundant since the only diff is the status change Proposal is to produce a cover page meta data document saying its a public review and point to the upload csd, and to add a link from the csd to the latest pr version to make sure the two docs are linked Jacques (Fujitsu): in HTML, you could have links that "pop-up" the referred content when clicked, and that would show-up in a print , I believe. Robin: other advantage is to put pr related materials in the csprd directory Robin Cover (OASIS): +1 to Martin: the document should self-identify as a PR version, and I think that's covered in the proposal Dave: the disconnected use case is less relevant these days. Robin Cover (OASIS): Jacques: make sure relevant links are printed verbatim (for paper print copy) Jacques: different technology (html, pdf) might give different impressions This solution also covers the use case of the pr motion being made weeks after the csd - the link to the pr version must be an alias for this work. This proposal does not require any changes to the TC process. Robin Cover (OASIS): +1 to Chet, Board Process Committee should know about this...
Robin Cover (OASIS): I concluded that lots of documentation needs changing, but not the TC Process: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201108/msg00170.html Agreed to present to the board as an FYI We Agreed that this is the direction to move in. Chet to come back with a concrete proposal
- ACTION-20110826-0: Chet to make a concrete proposal for C*D/PRD optimization based on a PR meta-data document idea.
- Next meeting in 2 weeks will be 1 hour and 30 mins in duration.
Summary of new and outstanding action items:
ACTION 20110727-0: Look at the classification of all the policies and guidelines under http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines and examine re-factoring. (do after governance model)
- ACTION 20110727-1: Chet to draft a governance model (Due by 26 Aug 11) ACTION 20110727-3: Robin to Determine whether we should add a "work in progress" field to references in OASIS Deliverables ACTION 20110728-0: Patrick to research citation databases and tool in ietf, w3c, and other orgs ACTION 20110728-2: Jacques to draft a checklist for TAB member PR review. ACTION 20110729-0: Patrick to Consider proposing a new class of deliverable in the TC Process for source code/test suites etc. ACTION 20110729-1: Martin to follow-up with Jamie wrt Software licences for downloadable TC Test suites (also check SCA) ACTION 20110729-02: Jacques to update the interop/test guidelines to take into account Rob's comment. ACTION 20110729-03: TAB members to review the Liaison Policy esp wrt interop demos, with a view to proposing changes
http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/liaison#submitwork ACTION-20110826-0: Chet to make a concrete proposal for C*D/PRD optimization based on a PR meta-data document idea.