Meeting Minutes 4th November 2011. Approved 18th November 2011.
- Roll: Martin, Chet, Patrick, Robin, Jacques Regrets: Dave Agenda: approved as posted
- Approved w/o Agreed to post to wiki.
- all ongoing except: ACTION 20110728-2: Jacques to draft a checklist for TAB member PR review. DONE ACTION-20110826-0: overtaken by events so close ACTION 20111021-0: Patrick to summarize the most common mistakes when writing citations in oasis deliverables. DONE ACTION 20111021-1: Martin to forward the updates on the guidelines to IBM to see if they address their comments. DONE ACTION 20111021-02: Martin to forward statement of use proposal to Board Process SC. DONE ACTION 20111021-03: Propose TC input document availability during charter review to Board Process SC along the lines of suggestion in 21 Oct minutes. DONE
Citation and spec dependency status:
Patrick's email: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201111/msg00002.html Suggestion for low hanging fruit. TC Admin have been promoting 1) "cite as", and 2) a citation format The "cite as" is now part of the templates. robin: The format of a "citeas" is still being explored this probably needs some design for oasis martin: need to tell people and publish guidelines. Robin Cover (OASIS): citation/reference formats: still a large piece of work TBD (for OASIS specs and other specs)
- chet: at the present they are being made as suggestion not rules
- What do we do next with these documents? Jacques: one is an overall guideline the other two are best practices Martin: hard to progress until we know the type of documents these will be Chet will act on his action item wrt governance model In the mean time if we see charters or TC work that mention testing or interop we should point TCs to the guidelines. Jacques: we need to list what TCs may need to read to do their work properly ACTION 20111104-01: Chet to propose a single page that can be placed on the web that lists ALL the things TCs may need to know. Jacques: we need to finalize as there is still editing markup Martin: let us wait until IBM respond to our proposals before removing the markup
- Put Jacque's PR review suggestion on agenda for next meeting:
Summary of new and existing action items:
ACTION 20110727-0: Look at the classification of all the policies and guidelines under http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines and examine re-factoring. (do after governance model)
- ACTION 20110727-1: Chet to draft a governance model (Due by 26 Aug 11) ACTION 20110727-3: Robin to Determine whether we should add a "work in progress" field to references in OASIS Deliverables ACTION 20110728-0: Patrick to research citation databases and tool in ietf, w3c, and other orgs
- ACTION 20110729-0: Patrick to Consider proposing a new class of deliverable in the TC Process for source code/test suites etc.
http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/liaison#submitwork ACTION 20111104-0: Patrick to propose citation rules. ACTION 20111104-01: Chet to propose a single page that can be placed on the web that lists ALL the things TCs may need to know