Meeting Minutes 2 December 2011. Approved on 16th December 2011.
- Roll: Martin, Chet, Robin, Patrick, Jacques Agenda: Add Robin's xml namespace issue, approved as modified.
- Approved w/o Agreed to post to wiki.
- The following have been completed (rest ongoing): ACTION 20111118-0: Patrick to produce a discussion document listing oasis standards and citation formats, for next meeting.
Checklist for Reviews:
Jacque's proposal: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201111/msg00003.html The goal is to augment the staff checklist with more focus on content. Checklist focuses mostly on consistency. Also elements of completeness (references being used, no missing references) Chet: references to related work are checked if they are correct - pointing to the right place, but its not a completeness check. Chet: have also seen embedded references not listed in the ref section. Terminology: should we add a glossary section in the template? Martin: only suggestion is to check whether a normative ref/non-normative work are in the right sub-section Chet: make this available to TC as a best practice Patrick: do TCs know what normative language is? better education might be needed Martin: agree should make this available to TCs Chet: this might help Tc to come proactively to the TAB for help Martin: there is a checklist for conformance clauses, maybe merge this or at least link ACTION 20111201: Jacques to produce a word doc based on his email regarding review checklist and post to kavi for TAB Members to formally review.
Robin's XML namespace issue:
Discussion thread: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201112/msg00011.html TCs will have a choice which format but with a recommendation to use /tc-shortname/ns which is a reverse of the naming guidelines of /ns/tc-shortname Patrick: missing the rationale as to why B is better than A Robin: operational reasons as to how uri re-write works, much easier when B format is used Patrick: why ask the TCs? Robin: style issue and choice Patrick: choice is bad How about deprecating A? Robin/Chet to make a decision based on TAB input.
TC Satisfaction Survey:
- Some responses:
Summary of New and Open Action Items:
ACTION 20110727-0: Look at the classification of all the policies and guidelines under http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines and examine re-factoring. (do after governance model)
- ACTION 20110727-3: Robin to Determine whether we should add a "work in progress" field to references in OASIS Deliverables ACTION 20110728-0: Patrick to research citation databases and tool in ietf, w3c, and other orgs
- ACTION 20110729-0: Patrick to Consider proposing a new class of deliverable in the TC Process for source code/test suites etc.
http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/liaison#submitwork ACTION 20111104-0: Patrick to propose citation rules. ACTION 20111104-01: Chet to propose a single page that can be placed on the web that lists ALL the things TCs may need to know ACTION 20111118-1: Martin to send a reminder to IBM/Rob, regarding comment resolutions for interop/testing guidelines. ACTION 20111118-2: Martin to propose changes to errata and maintenance process.
- ACTION 20111201: Jacques to produce a word doc based on his email regarding review checklist and post to kavi for TAB Members to formally review.