Meeting Minutes, 20th January 2012. Approved 10th February 2012.
- Roll: Martin, Patrick, Dave, Jacques, Agenda: Approved as posted
- approved w/o agreed to post to wiki.
- The following are complete:
- ACTION 20110729-0: Patrick to Consider proposing a new class of deliverable in the TC Process for source code/test suites etc. DONE ACTION 20111201: Jacques to produce a word doc based on his email regarding review checklist and post to kavi for TAB Members to formally review. DONE ACTION 20111216-0: Jacques to convert introp/testing guidelines into word/openoffice docs DONE
Other TC Deliverables:
- observation that copyright notices should be applied to schemas and dtd. Presentations are committee notes, as are white papers RFIs: are these committee notes? chet: The only template we have is a plain document committee note. There is no presentation note format at present. Bring to the attention of board process the lack of CN templates If RFIs are relevant for a TC to respond to, the template might be dictated by the requestor, in these cases there needs to be a policy of what information should be included (copyrights, caveats etc) rather then how it is presented Jacques: definition of work product is vague. ACTION 20120120-0: Martin to bring to the attention of Board Process the lack of CN templates.
Citation and spec dependency status:
Abbreviation update: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201201/msg00000.html http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201201/msg00001.html http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201201/msg00002.html
- Focus on rules going forward, not trying to retro fit rules with existing specs. Abbreviation can be in ASCII or in the language defined in the TC charter. Chet: good idea, but if the infrastructure up to it Chet: what are the use cases we are trying to address? uniqueness with oasis is the obvious use case. can you only cite end work products (1.1. 1.2) or can you cite intermediate drafts? if you can cite intermediates does that stage marking appear in the citation? Discussion about whether stage (working draft, CD) can appear - is "v" equivalent to stage cs/os the larger question, that robin was trying not to start just yet, is what are the rules of referencing one spec to another.
- ACTION 20120120-1: Patrick to draft some use cases and requirements for referencing/citing oasis deliverable between one another.
- Ran out of time for other agenda items, discuss next time. Next call will be on 10th Feb, extended to 90 minutes duration.
Summary of new and existing action items:
ACTION 20110727-0: Look at the classification of all the policies and guidelines under http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines and examine re-factoring. (do after governance model) ACTION 20110727-3: Robin to Determine whether we should add a "work in progress" field to references in OASIS Deliverables ACTION 20110728-0: Patrick to research citation databases and tool in ietf, w3c, and other orgs ACTION 20110729-1: Martin to follow-up with Jamie wrt Software licences for downloadable TC Test suites (also check SCA) ACTION 20110729-03: TAB members to review the Liaison Policy esp wrt interop demos, with a view to proposing changes http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/liaison#submitwork ACTION 20111104-01: Chet to propose a single page that can be placed on the web that lists ALL the things TCs may need to know ACTION 20111118-2: Martin to propose changes to errata and maintenance process. ACTION 20120120-0: Martin to bring to the attention of Board Process the lack of CN templates. ACTION 20120120-1: Patrick to draft some use cases and requirements for referencing/citing oasis deliverable between one another.