Meeting Minutes 15th June 2012. Approved on 6th July 2012
- Roll: Martin, Patrick, Chet, Patrick, Dave Regrets: Robin Agenda: Approved as posted.
- Approved w/o
- ACTION 20120504-0 Done Patrick: Kavi personalization is a mess, and not sure what we can do about it. Chet: We can report back to kavi that it's a mess. Take up at the F2F.
- ACTION 20110729-03: on s/w, a similar q has been raised about putting ws-i test suites on an open source test suite - leave issue open
Citation, abbreviation, and spec dependency status:
- no progress
Conformance Keywords Proposal:
- Examples coming from TCs as to the enforceability of the conformance guidelines esp upper casing on RFC2119 keywords. Question about visibility of when templates change. Where possible TCs should be using the latest templates, but if templates have changed between requesting initial WD and publication old templates will prevail. TAB accidentally removed from tc admin page. Chet will re-add. Patrick: RFC 2119 Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997. ACTION 20120615-0 Chet: check that the rfc2119 citation is correct in the templates: "RFC 2119 Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997."
- Patrick: had some issue with the new Interpretation Policy. Patrick: the policy never talks about how an interpretation is approved, how people find out about them, and if the TC is closed.
Patrick: proposals at: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201206/msg00021.html Chet: need to raise awareness of comment lists! Chet: looking at a way to redirect comments, so that for closed TC we know at least someone is watching Chet: in the absence of a an existing TC we should put more thought into who interprets - Staff was not seen as a good role to do this Chet: interpretations can be really obscure and might be beyond the comprehension of TC Admin Chet: the policy is not perfect and can be improved. The initial version is for ANSI accreditation. Martin: agree that TC admin shouldn't be put in a position to interpret. Agree we need to add how to use our process to approve and publish interpretations that require a spec change. Patrick: For TCs that are closed we could say "there is no interpretation". Patrick: we need to outline the process for approving interpretation, and to have them published. Patrick: all TCs should be on the same page, and follow the same process We should bring suggestions to the Board Process Sc. A F2F topic? Chet: the policy is aimed at documenting a public process, and doesn't really cover the internal mechanisms.
Summary of New and Outstanding issues:
- ACTION 20110727-3: Robin to Determine whether we should add a "work in progress" field to references in OASIS Deliverables ACTION 20110728-0: Patrick to research citation databases and tool in ietf, w3c, and other orgs ACTION 20110729-1: Martin to follow-up with Jamie wrt Software licences for downloadable TC Test suites (also check SCA) ACTION 20110729-03: TAB members to review the Liaison Policy esp wrt interop demos, with a view to proposing changes
http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/liaison#submitwork ACTION 20111118-2: Martin to propose changes to errata and maintenance process. ACTION 20120120-1: Patrick to draft some use cases and requirements for referencing/citing oasis deliverable between one another. ACTION 20120420-1: Chet/Robin/Paul - review the checklist and come back with comments. ACTION 20120601-0: Tab members, email thoughts on which topics we would like to address in guidelines and practices during the next year. ACTION 20120615-0 Chet: check that the rfc2119 citation is correct in the templates: "RFC 2119 Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997."