Meeting Minutes, 10th August 2012. Approved 24 August 2012.
- Roll: Martin, Patrick, Zhexuan, Robin, Jacques Regrets: Chet Welcome to Zhexuan, the Board rep to the TAB for 2012/2013 Agenda: approved as posted.
Robin Cover: Reference to AI: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201207/msg00051.html
add the action item from robin's mail above
July 2012 F2F Minutes: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201207/msg00049.html
Add Robin's missing action as recorded in: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201207/msg00051.html This is ACTION 20120726-5
- Approved corrected minutes w/o
- Agreed to post corrected minutes to the wiki
- ACTION 20120726-2 Done - discuss later
Robin Cover: AI for Jacques on risk assessment: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201208/msg00011.html
TAB Special Election:
Draft sent out by Scott: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201208/msg00006.html Response from Martin: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201208/msg00007.html Martin's concern is the sentence "The OASIS TAB identifies opportunities and areas for standardization within the Consortium that are beneficial for the entire community. " which is not accurate any more
The TAB web page is more accurate: https://www.oasis-open.org/tab : "The OASIS Technical Advisory Board (TAB) advises the OASIS Board of Directors, staff, and membership on matters related to the technical agenda of OASIS. The TAB focuses on improving the standards development process, improving the quality of OASIS Standards through the production of guidelines and educational materials, and advising on improvements to community and collaboration processes and technologies." Martin moves, Patrick 2nd: request Scott to replace the offending paragraph with text from the TAB public page (above) Passed w/o
IT Risk Assessment
Jacques action item: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201208/msg00011.html The assessment could apply to any system so is not oasis specific. This is a process/operation view. Will also need to look at the component/system view Reminder this is an effort to help OASIS IT provide a risk assessment to the Board. We could come up with a list of user-driven operations. Focus on the user operations (members, tc admin), what systems are behind these systems, and then look at risks/notifications and recovery strategy. Robin getting something to IT staff as soon as possible is desirable even if it is not perfect. ACTION 20120810-0: Martin to update Jacque's proposal based on the discussion and circulate early next week. Reminder that the tab would like the opportunity to review any report that will go to the board.
Checklist for Reviews:
- One discussion still required with Chet/Robin wrt severity. Put on agenda for next meeting
Draft design issues and considerations for bibliographic citation, referencing, and cross-referencing https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201208/msg00014.html Discuss next meeting.
Summary of New and Outstanding Action Items
- ACTION 20110728-0: Patrick to report on how ietf, w3c, and other relevant handle citations and citation databases. End of August ACTION 20120726-0: Robin to make a proposal on multi-part work products by end august 2012. ACTION 20120726-1: Martin to draft the initial keywords directive end August 2012. ACTION 20120726-2: Jacques to compile a list of issues to consider for risk assessment of the OASIS IT infrastructure. ACTION 20120726-3: Chet to publish the two Testing guidelines ACTION 20120726-4: Chet to follow up about IPR implications of TAB comments going via TC-Admin ACTION 20120726-5: Robin to complete and forward a unified (draft) issues list for bibliographic references, citations, and cross-references -- to augment the initial list of seven "Problems" compiled at the F2F ACTION 20120810-0: Martin to update Jacque's proposal based on the discussion and circulate early next week.