Meeting Minutes 24th August 2012. Approved 21st September 2012.
- Roll: Martin, Chet, Robin, Zhexuan, Jacques, Patrick Agenda: Approved as posted
- Approved w/o Agreed to post to wiki
ACTION 20120810-0: Done
ACTION 20120726-3: Ongoing. Jacques should work with Chet to remove revision markup
TAB Special Election: https://www.oasis-open.org/board/election-process
- Process is underway
- TAB JIRA: shall we use for tracking work/actions?
Robin Cover: JIRA: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa
- Problem with the JIRA install is it is not possible to restrict to TAB members. The only way to restrict is to go via VPN to the staff JIRA which is not practical. So big issue is it ok for our list to be public? Patrick: certain topics might be sensitive but OASIS claims to be open! Jacques (Fujitsu): +1 to keep issues public - by default Agreed to set up a JIRA.
To add new items to JIRA we need to agree as a group, in much the same way as TCs managed new issues: an email is sent to the TC and if teh TC agrees the issue is open in JIRA.
- Even if something is sensitive we can put it cryptically in JIRA. ACTION-20120824-0: Chet to set up a TAB JIRA
Checklist for Reviews:
Updated doc: : https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201207/msg00031.html Needs final approval and discussion of severity levels
- Martin: I think we had the idea of Must fix, should fix, observation, and then what happens if they ignore? Chet: the only Must should be related to TC Process, since this by definition is enforceable. Chet: when we improve comment disposition logs and availability then there will be more motivation to listen to comment. Martin: there are borderline cases not covered by TC process - e.g a non-normative reference when clearly there is a normative dependency - this impacts ipr scope for example.
- Patrick: another example is non working urls/hyperlinks, not in TC process
- Patrick: Must conform to quality guidelines as published by the TC Admin and approved by the OASIS Board. (something like that?) Martin: We could easily mod the Tc process to insist that TC must conform to quality guidelines published by TC admin (and approved by the board)
- Chet: severity could be must fix / should fix / fyi
- ACTION-20120824-1: Jacques to update the review checklist document, to reflect the severity discussion.
- Martin will not be available for next call. Agreed to keep it in the calendar and if needed Chet will provide a dial-in.
We did not get around to these topics, so need to pick up later:
- Multi-part Work Products: 30-second/Hitch-Hikers guide to ....:
revival of concept: see first round at https://wiki.oasis-open.org/tab/ThirtySecondEmailSearch
Patrick's more recent suggestion: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201208/msg00028.html Email Discussion: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201208/msg00041.html Process, where to publish?
Summary of New and Open Action Items:
- ACTION 20110728-0: Patrick to report on how ietf, w3c, and other relevant handle citations and citation databases. End of August
- ACTION 20120726-0: Robin to make a proposal on multi-part work products by end august 2012. ACTION 20120726-1: Martin to draft the initial keywords directive end August 2012. ACTION 20120726-2: Jacques to compile a list of issues to consider for risk assessment of the OASIS IT infrastructure. ACTION 20120726-3: Chet to publish the two Testing guidelines ACTION 20120726-4: Chet to follow up about IPR implications of TAB comments going via TC-Admin ACTION 20120726-5: Robin to complete and forward a unified (draft) issues list for bibliographic references, citations, and cross-references -- to augment the initial list of seven "Problems" compiled at the F2F ACTION-20120824-0: Chet to set up a TAB JIRA ACTION-20120824-1: Jacques to update the review checklist document, to reflect the severity discussion.