Meeting Minutes 26th October 2012. Approved on 2nd November 2012.
- Roll: Chet, Robin, Martin, Patrick
- Regrets from Zhexuan.
Agenda: add discussion on Committee Notes. Approved with this addition.
October 12th: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201210/msg00023.html Approved w/o. Agreed to post to wiki.
- ACTION 20110728-0: Patrick to report on how ietf, w3c, and other relevant handle citations and citation databases. End of August DONE
In email: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201210/msg00031.html ACTION 20120726-4 DONE Jamie advises not to pursue, as it might raise more problems than it is trying to solve. Advice accepted.
Topic: Patrick's email on action item 20110728-0
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201210/msg00031.html Need to find a small bite size chunk for the TAB to do, otherwise its too big a job. Martin: How about a simple web page with a list of oasis standards in citation/hyperlink format for cut and paste. Robin: this might not be as simple as it appears. Plus staff have an action to come up with a meta-data model for specifications, which could be amended for a bibliographical database. Patrick: agree with Robin if we automate it, but me might need to support the current manual process. Robin: downside is if its only a temporary thing might be hard to wean people off. Get the meta model right first, as changes afterwards would have side effects Robin: the meta data model is on the staff schedule, can involve the TAB as a review or to help.
Topic: Committee Notes
- Discussion, on the history of CNs and what to do about them, and whether there is a single TAB view Only two adoption TC, and neither have published any committee notes. Two ends of the spectrum are easy (100 page spec vs a 2 page powerpoint) its the middle ground that is hard, with no obvious answer. Robin: work on looking at what we want by examining the simple cases, and working up to more complicated deliverables. Chet: There seems no disagreement about keeping the non-standards track.
- ... are all other non-admin or non-specs committee notes, or is there another class
- .... or are CNs just things a TC want "published"
- ...how many stages can we skip, do prs happen in parallel
- ..then there is the level of consent - simple, full, special etc
- Robin Cover: OK: templates? naming? publication venue? other QA? All documents and other files produced by the TC, including Work Products at any level of approval, must use the OASIS file naming scheme, and must include the OASIS copyright notice. All document files must be written using the OASIS document authoring templates...
- .. if it purports to come from oasis/ tc, then some checkpoints are required. Chet: would be good for the TAB to make a proposal
- ...or at least a consensus position on the important issues - what is important to preserve. Robin: good to do an intelligent analysis Chet will draft up some questions, and collect some facts. ACTION-20121026-0: Chet to collect some facts on CNs, and draft up some questions for the TAB to consider.
- Assuming no Board Process decision today, will make this the topic of next weeks meeting, so other input requested.
- Meet next week to resume the normal two week rhythm.
End of meeting.
Summary of New and Outstanding Action Items:
- ACTION 20120726-1: Martin to draft the initial keywords directive end August 2012. ACTION-20121012-0: Robin to propose how the manifest digest will be used/verified ACTION-20121012-1: Robin to draft an update on the naming directives to reflect multi part filenames and uris designs. ACTION-20121026-0: Chet to collect some facts on CNs, and draft up some questions for the TAB to consider.