Meeting Minutes 2nd November 2012. Approved 16th November 2012.
- Roll: Martin, Zhexuan, Patrick, Chet Agenda: add discussion on committee notes. Approved as posted.
October 26th: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201210/msg00033.html Approved w/o Agreed to post to wiki.
- ACTION 20120726-1: Done all others ongoing
- Meeting back to the normal two weekly cycle
CN Notes Discussion:
- Chet had previously send a draft proposal to the Board process SC.
- Summary is to eliminate a couple of steps, make PRs optional, and make it a full majority vote to approve a CN.
- ..two ideas: 1) create a new class of document, and CNs stay they way they are, or 2) make things the meatier documents like requirements primers follow the spec track
- Patrick: a new class will have a classification problem, more sympathetic to number 2
- Patrick: maybe there is another approach, introduce a new step in the CN process call called something like "TC approved".
- stage1: TC Note, stage 2: OASIS Note - stage one does not go into docs.oasis, and stage 2 needs to go through pr and quality checks
Specification Keywords Directive:
Draft at: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201211/msg00000.html Patrick suggests that rather than summarize the ISO keywords to include the actual wording ACTION-20121102-1: Patrick and Martin to check for copyright on ISO and RFC2119 keyword text usage respectively.
30-second/Hitch-Hikers guide to ....:
- Patrick proposes we resurrect a quick step-by-step guide on subject that members want to look up frequently - the email search is a good example. The other issue is to move these off the TAB wiki so oasis members can actually find them. TAB members to put some thought into topics and location.
- Chet will send a draft on comments process and resolution logs best practice in time for the next meeting.
Summary of New and Ongoing Action Items:
- ACTION-20121012-0: Robin to propose how the manifest digest will be used/verified ACTION-20121012-1: Robin to draft an update on the naming directives to reflect multi part filenames and uris designs. ACTION-20121026-0: Chet to collect some facts on CNs, and draft up some questions for the TAB to consider. ACTION-20121102-0: Chet to draft an outline of a revised proposal for a 2stage CN process that might offer a compromise between speed and quality. ACTION-20121102-1: Patrick and Martin to check for copyright on ISO and RFC2119 keyword text usage respectively.