Meeting Minutes - 30th November 2012. Approved 14th December 2012.
- Roll: Martin, Zhexuan, Patrick, Robin, Jacques, Chet. Agenda: approved as posted.
16th November: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201211/msg00026.html Approved w/o Agreed to post to wiki
- ACTION-20121012-0 Done on agenda ACTION-20121116-0: Done
Multi-part Work Products:
Manifest finalization: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201211/msg00031.html "This manifest file is an administrative metadata document produced
- by OASIS Staff as part of the approved Work Product publication process. It provides detailed information about the artifacts which constitute the Work Product in any published release, viz.,
- Debrief of Board Process call Chet: didn't hear negatives about the use of different templates for each phase.
- .. Board didn't like compulsory PR, but ok with quality checks if a TC wants to publish to the oasis library
- .. needs to produce and update folding in comments. Robin: operationally can apply different front cover when TC admin has to post the oasis library Patrick: will there be a difference between those that have had public reviews and those that haven't Martin: I sensed the board are happy not to make a distinction. comment list is always available, though outside of PR there is only a requirement to ack a comment, but not to track and provide a disposition of comments Chet: this is probably gap in the TC process Martin: we should look at changing this so that all comments even outside the PR process have to be disposed of. chet: looking at comment tracking s/w in use at BSI et al Jacques :although optional it will be in some TCs interests to solicit feedback and comments Chet: there are still some cases - e.g big documents - where they really should have public review ACTION-20121130-0: Chet to list other places where the TC process may need to be improved if this CN process is adopted (e.g. comments outside of PR) Jacques/Robin: should we do this for any comments outside of PR - could be a rat hole Chet: dont need to say much beyond the requirements required for charter review or public review this shouldn't invent anything new
Martin's update: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201211/msg00044.html Jacques: how do you map between rfc2119 and iso Martin: if we can define a normative mapping we can put that in here. Otherwise we can update the conformance guidelines with some advice. Patrick: there is some difficulty going between rfc2119 and iso, so it might be worth documenting. Jacques: mapping might be on a spec by spec basis ACTION-20121130-1: Patrick to recreate some of the problems in converting from rfc2119 to iso
No time to discuss Patrick's email at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201211/msg00045.html so pick up next meeting.
- Robin - will send out the rest of the multi part proposal early next week, so be prepared to wrap up by the next meeting.
Summary of New and Outstanding Action Items:
- ACTION-20121012-1: Robin to draft an update on the naming directives to reflect multi part filenames and uris designs. ACTION-20121116-1: Chet to follow up with Jamie wrt request to ISO on use of keyword text. ACTION-20121130-0: Chet to list other places where the TC process may need to be improved if this CN process is adopted (e.g. comments outside of PR) ACTION-20121130-1: Patrick to recreate some of the problems in converting from rfc2119 to iso