Meeting Minutes 1st February 2013-02-01
Robin Cover: Robin here now
- Roll: Martin, Zhexuan, Chet, Patrick, Robin, Jacques Agenda: add update from Board meeting
- agenda adopted as modified
11th January 2013: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201301/msg00007.html Minutes approved w/o Agreed to post to wiki.
ACTION-20121130-0: Done - no other places require change: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201301/msg00009.html ACTION-20121130-1: Done on agenda.
- Procedures put out, feedback received. Chet currently drafting "How to" for the handbook, plus added a checklist. Plan to formally announce next week. Beneficial effect is that TC are already being to be more methodical.
V2 Draft: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201211/msg00044.html Mail from Patrick: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201301/msg00011.html Follow-up from Jacques: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201301/msg00020.html and Martin: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201302/msg00000.html
Patrick discussed his document comparing rfc2119/iso: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201301/msg00011.html RFC2119 Must can convert to ISO shall without change of semantics Should translates as well RFC2119 MAY talks about "be prepared to be support" - we should probably enforce the iso meaning of may - truly optional. Maynot is not really used in rfc2119 - recommend to avoid? No equiv of can and cannot in rfc2119. Jacques: rfc2119 may defn went a bit overboard
- ... better to address in conformance clauses
- .. this table will help convert rfc2119 to ISO
- .. if specs written with care to begin with Martin: propose to add another column to list synonyms that could be used in non-normative text instead. ACTION-20130201-0: Martin to produce v3 of the keywords directive ACTION-20120201-1: Patrick to propose non-normative synonyms of each keyword.
- Update from Zhexuan. Board met this week. Committee Notes simplification has been approved. Some discussion on increasing quality of Oasis specs. Board did not want to add new requirements on quality as this is a TC by TC issues,
- but recognized that TC's can call on the TAB to help them.
Email from Robin: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201302/msg00001.html Robin plans to have a directional proposal in Q1.
- Next meeting in two weeks (15th Feb), will change the regular frequency to match this new polarity.
Summary of New and Outstanding Action Items:
- ACTION-20121116-1: Chet to follow up with Jamie wrt request to ISO on use of keyword text. ACTION-20121214-0: Chet action to propose ideas on record keeping for the appeals process. ACTION-20130201-0: Martin to produce v3 of the keywords directive ACTION-20120201-1: Patrick to propose non-normative synonyms of each keyword.