==============================================================
Minutes TAB call (Aug 9, 2013)
==============================================================


Info

Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin: (might take a large portion of meeting)
- action items status (see minutes)
- tracking TAB's work, tooling

2. Keyword directives review


Roll:

Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Chet Ensign (staff)
Patrick Durusau (individual)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)

Observer:
Robin (staff)


Action Items status:

[closed] AI-1: Patrick to find comment-tracking tool, for document reviews.
AI-2: Chet: check JIRA output spreadsheet capability, can it be configured.
[closed] AI-3: Patrick to update Keyword directives
AI-4: Chet: propose rewording of Policy statements for keywords on spec templates.
AI-5: Ashok to investigate 3rd party documentation tracking
AI-6: Jacques: open a JIRA entry to manage Conformance Guidelines and related issues (some identified here)


Minutes: (

1. Admin:

Minutes of F2F were approved.

About Action Items:
- Robin to complete and forward a unified (draft) issues list for bibliographic references, citations, and cross-references -- to augment the initial list of seven "Problems" compiled at the F2F
- Patrick: why can't the TAB produce deliverables like a TC?
question already debated in the past... TAB status is just advisory per Board decision.
- Patrick: we need to define TAB deliverables on Public Reviews, this year.
- we discussed the way to better associate PR comments with a target document: onbe way is using hyperlinks embedded in the document, so that one can navigate from doc to comments. Another way is to use checklist review items as an index, and reach into the doc from them.
- Chet: investigating tracking tool from the British Standards Institute (commercial product), to be sent to TAB list.

2. Keywords Guidelines:
- we reviewed the latest iteration from Patrick and provided feedback.
- Patrick to edit further.
- Goal is to complete and publish by The board October meeting. Will remain a "guideline".

20130809 (last edited 2013-12-05 17:47:18 by chet.ensign)