==============================================================
Minutes TAB call (Sep 20, 2013)
==============================================================


Info

Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin:
- minutes Sept 6
- action items status
- aspets of using JIRA to track TAB's work, tooling

2. Normative Keyword directives latest doc review, possibly approval.

3. Public Reviews process for TAB : follow-up on details of review process
- Finalize the JIRA set-up and best practices for PRs (Use Cases: latest reviews from Patrick)
- should we as TAB cover minimal items of the PR checklist (that we know unlikely covered by other reviewers)?
- Output from TAB to TCs and JIRA, exports.

4. Conformance Guidelines 2.0,
- review and input for a "fundamental" subset of issues.: #8, 11, 14, 15, 17

5. Proposed rewording of TOSCA charter
- asking TAB members for advice / review.


Roll:

Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Chet Ensign (staff)
Patrick Durusau (individual)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Zhexuan Song (Huawei)

Observer:
Robin (staff)


Action Items status: [status-change]

AI-4: [open] Chet: propose rewording of Policy statements for keywords on spec templates. - still open
AI-10: [close] Chet to configure JIRA to show how it might look using Version for the name of the public review
AI-11: [open] Chet: to write down best practices to create, save and share JIRA views on issues.


Minutes:

1. Admin:
- minutes Sept 6: approved.
- action items status (see result above)
aspets of using JIRA to track TAB's work, tooling:
- Chet: Discuss tracking agenda items in JIRA. support putting at least those ones that we want to track into JIRA. Use Meeting Action Item JIRA component.
- Jacques: propose 2 pronged approach - leave small items in the minutes but for more important items to be tracked on the long haul, and needing discussion threads, the chair can put into JIRA. E.g. AI-4
- Patrick: also gives us a permanent record that we can report to the Board.
- Discussion about how to use components:
We will try create a general Component called Documents and the name of each doc is a Version.
Chet to create a Component and Version for starters

2. Normative Keyword directives latest doc review, possibly approval.
- Patrick: Will start loading the drafts to the repository. walks through the comments by Jacques and what he did as a result.
- Ashok: suggests clarification in 1st paragraph of sect 3.4
- Patrick: Using the [ISO/IEC Directives], an author can write keywords in upper or lower case.
- Ashok: we discussed at F2F that spec editor could specify in document what keyword policy the doc would follow? Thought we dropped that.
Chet : Let's address that question along with the rest of the text of the Policy section in template when I send it.
- Goal is to wrap up and have a ready-to-approve version next week (either live or ballot?)

3. Public Reviews process for TAB : follow-up on details of review process
- Patrick: presents the JIRA export spreadsheets. We can get everything we want in the spreadsheet.
- everybody likes it.
- Patrick: sent the comments to the CAMP TC in a spread sheet to TC
- Discussion about how to decide on the priority/severity of each comment. E.g. what does "Blocker" mean?
- Chet: now each comment should become a JIRA issue for us to track?
- Patrick: delivery to TC *opens* issue. When we get the TC resolution log, we can put the resolution of that issue into the Resolution field of the issue. Then we can close the issue. That way we can track over time what TCs do. the TC would become the assignee

4. Conformance Guidelines 2.0,
- review and input for a "fundamental" subset of issues.: #8, 11, 14, 15, 17
- skipping for today

5. Proposed rewording of TOSCA charter
- asking TAB members for advice / review.
- Ashok: question - does this replace the earlier clarification or does it add to it?
- Jacques:it builds on the previous clarification, but removes some aspects of it.
- CHet: suggests to bring to TAB - 2 goals: 1) what do you all think?
2) what could we change that would achieve the goals they are trying to achieve?
- Patrick: don't see how this clarifies - adding vendor-specific to non-vendor specific seems like it is adding to the scope.
- Chet: is the problem that the TC wants to work on vendor-specific deliverables? or is it that the TC wants to remove a perceived bias from the charter? Jacques: it is the latter.

Meeting adjourned. Next meeting 9/27, 1h.

20130920 (last edited 2013-12-05 18:10:17 by chet.ensign)