==============================================================
Minutes TAB call (Sep 27, 2013)
==============================================================


Info

Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin:
- minutes Sept 20, (to be posted)
- action items status
- status of using JIRA to track TAB's work (if any update)

2. Normative Keyword directives latest doc
- ready for approval ?

3. Potential new major work items:
- non machine-processable deliverables
- charter creation guidelines

4. Conformance Guidelines 2.0,
- review and input for a "fundamental" subset of issues.: #11, 14, 15, 17
- Two overarching questions we need to settle (in above issues): (a) where to use/not keywords (conf clause? keyword-less normative content ?), (b) can a conf clause override normative content?


Roll:

Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Chet Ensign (staff)
Patrick Durusau (individual)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Zhexuan Song (Huawei)


Action Items status: [status-change]

AI-4: [open] Chet: propose rewording of Policy statements for keywords on spec templates. - still open
AI-11: [open] Chet: to write down best practices to create, save and share JIRA views on issues.
AI-12: [open] If time, Chet and Patrick will update on progress on adding commenting feature to HTML files
AI-13: [open] Chet: to experiment with the idea of TC = JIRA issue assignee, how that works with JIRA workflow..
AI-14: [open] Patrick: spruce-up front page and upload document "Keywords Guidelines for OASIS Specifications and Standards"
AI-15: [open] Jacques to send the URL to the final version of Keywords Guidelines to Zhexuan for presentation to the Board and to the Chairs list for review and comment.


Minutes: (assisted by: Chet)

1. Admin:
- minutes Sept 20: posted late, so people need more time to review/approve. deferred to next meeting
- Next TAB meeting should be mid-October, 10/18, 90mn.
- action items status:
AI-4: still open
AI-11: still open
- status of using JIRA to track TAB's work (if any update)
- If time, Chet and Patrick will update on progress on adding commenting feature to HTML files
- Consensus was that we use Components for major groups of work item (e.g. documents) and Versions be used for specific items (e.g. Conformance Guidelines)
- Chet explains "fake user" technique (e.g. a TOSCA fake user) to manage email multicast.
- Patrick: if we create a user e.g. 'tosca-comment' then when we assign / set to watch the issue, would they get an email from JIRA? need to look which way works better.
- Chet: let us experiment with that - fake comment creation, and see how that works with generating emails.
- Patrick: TAB comments to go to comment list. Was trying to find some way to advance the work items they same way as everything else does from new thru closed.
- Jacques: would be nice to handle the whole TC as a "user" from start-to-end, for the comment issues we have.
- AI to Chet to experiment with the idea of TC = JIRA issue assignee.
- Jacques: about exporting from JIRA issues (filed by TAB): still a few details to resolve.
- need to finalize the spread sheet format & content for sending comments from TAB to TC
- Patrick: think we know what we need to do to prep the spread sheet:
on the priority column, revisit when we have done a few reviews and can review the mass of data we can use to refine the definitions.
- Patrick: e.g. "Export All", then by hand we tak out some fields.

2. Normative Keyword directives latest doc. Ready for approval ?
- Patrick: when TAB approves, should I rev to 6.0 and then note as TAB approved on the front page? Agreement.
- Jacques: need to change the title in something less prescriptive.
- Chet: I move to approve the keyword guidelines document as contained in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/50777/OASIS-Keyword-Directives-v5-9-clean.odt with the revised title "Keyword Guidelines for OASIS Specifications and Standards" as a TAB document approved for review by the Chairs and the the Board.
2nd Patrick. Unan Approved.
- Patrick: TAB Deliverable Approved September 27, 2013
- AI to Jacques to send the URL to the final version to Zhexuan for presentation to the Board and to the Chairs list for review and comment.
- Chet: Jacques will send email to me for submitting on to the chairs@ mailinglist

3. Potential new major work items:
o non machine-processable deliverables
o charter creation guidelines
- Jacques: does the TAB agree to take on these work items? Agreement to take on.
- Agreement to take on the non-machine-processable work item, as a separate itme from COnformance guidelines (although its editorial facet remains on COnformance guidelines item)
- Jacques: seems clear that charter authors could use help and guidelines drafting charters - many pitfalls to avoid.
- Chet: anything we can produce would be very well received.
- Jacques: by definition, at time of chartering many people may have no experience in the TC Process and may never have written a charter before.
- Patrick: may be a time for us to exercise the priorities in JIRA: charter higher prioroty than conformance. Would put charter creation guidelines as a top priority for the TAB to do of these 2 ideas. Agreement.

4. Conformance Guidelines 2.0,
- Deferred (lack of time)

5. Misc:
- Ashok: are there other specs we ought to be reviewing soon?
- Chet: I'll send links to the upcoming reviews for Jacques to distribute.

Meeting Adjourned at 9amPT.

20130927 (last edited 2013-12-05 18:20:15 by chet.ensign)