==============================================================
Minutes TAB call (Nov 15, 2013)
==============================================================


Info

Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin:
- minutes Nov 1, approval
- action items status
- JIRA use update, if any.
- should we open a long-lasting AI for excellence award?

2. PR status. What specs are / have been reviewed, use of JIRA.

3. PR Checklist:
- : quick review - next step?
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/51410/TAB-ReviewChecklist-rev3.doc
- RFC refs list from Patrick:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/51294/rfc-current-NG.html

4. Normative Keyword directives : status, current feedback

5. charter creation guidelines
- See logged issues: some mistakes to avoid.


Roll:

Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Chet Ensign (staff)
Patrick Durusau (individual)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Zhexuan Song (Huawei)


Action Items status: those currently open + those that just changed status:

AI-11: [closed] Chet: to write down best practices to create, save and share JIRA views on issues.
AI-12: [open](in progress) Chet and Patrick: adding comment buttons to HTML specs.

AI-17: [closed] Chet/Jacques: to follow up on Normative Keyword guidelines after the board meeting. Chet to email process cmte
AI-18: [open] (in progress) Patrick: to verify whether issues can be imported in some way under new JIRA.
AI-19: [closed] Patrick: send stylesheet engine to Chet for Mac
AI-20: [closed] Chet: to follow up with Process Cmte on whether Keywords documents can go out
AI-21: [open] Chet: add an item in JIRA to track an HTML version of Patrick's citation resource.
AI-22: [closed] Jacques: review the checklist, how we can make it a usable document for TC editors
AI-23: [closed] Patrick: advise on notice/access to guidelines for TC editors for Collection of guidelines
AI-24: [open] Patrick: to start identify preliminary classes for PR comments (and rough proportions for each class?)
AI-25: [closed] Jacques: will add items to JIRA for charter guidelines.
AI-26: [open] (new) Chet: do we have a mailing list for TC editors? So we can give feedback to them only

AI-27: [open] (new) ? : deferred PR comments: e.g. TOSCA comments: how to track those deferred until V1.1?

Long-lasting AIs (recorded in JIRA):

AI-TAB-20: [open] (in progress) RFC 2119 / ISO Keyword Guidelines.
AI-TAB-424: [open] (in progress) Define TAB process for Excellence Award


Minutes: (assisted by: Chet)

1. Admin:
- minutes Nov 1: approved.
- action items status: (see above).
Patrick: do we have a list of TC editors? no - we could write to Editors only
- JIRA use update, if any.
Any updates on JIRA use?
Chet: updated components and versions to move issues to Documentation component and Conformance Clause Guidelines versions

2. PR status. What specs are / have been reviewed, use of JIRA. Done:
- SAML COnf clause for AS4/ebMS
- RSP 1.0
- BSP 1.1
- BP 1.2
- BP 2.0
- CAMP 1.1
- TOSCA 1.0
- XLIFF 2.0
Coming:
- PKSC 11 (5 specs).
- BDX Location

3. PR Checklist:

3.1 quick review - next step?
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/51410/TAB-ReviewChecklist-rev3.doc
- Jacques: 2 usages to consider: (1) proactive: for TC editors to check before they submit.
(2) reactive: during PR, for reviewers including TAB members.
- for TAB members: checklist can be used to split the work (different things to check for, by different reviewers)
- Chet: What might we need to do to make this useful to editors?
- question #1 - how do we explain the severity rankings?
(need concrete meaning e.g. critical=can't be accepted by staff)
- question #2 - put it into HTML instead of hard copy? Should be accessible by TC editors, reviewers, on OASIS pages.
- Chet: Would we promote it more broadly, e.g. linked from announcements for public reviews?

3.2 RFC refs list from Patrick:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/51294/rfc-current-NG.html
- Patrick: omitted superseded RFC refs, only most current RFCs. Yet we may need to support refs to obsolete versions.
- Patrick: we should post RFC list on visible place for TCs, e.g. joint with a PR checklist item
- W3C make such a ref database available for their editors.
- Ashok: we need to figure what use to do of external ref DBs such as W3C DB:
(a) just access it for consultation,
(b) export it, e.g. to ours.
(c) add to / extend it.

4. Normative Keyword directives : status, current feedback
- there has been Feedback on the Normative Keyword document
- Martin provided feedback to Ashok - objected to the requirement for uppercase in order to be normative - argues that, because people can easily screw up, the meaning of the words should be normative regardless of case
- Also the comment from John Borras should be reviewed

5. charter creation guidelines
- See logged issues in JIRA: some mistakes to avoid when writing charters.
- please add to these in JIRA e.g. while reviewing new charters.

Next TAB meeting: 12/6, 90mn.

Meeting adjourned.

20131115 (last edited 2013-12-05 19:04:29 by chet.ensign)