==============================================================
Minutes TAB call (Jan 24, 2014)
==============================================================

Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin:
1.1 minutes Jan 10, approval
1.2 short action items status
1.3 Miscellaneous Web and collaborative aspects to TAB work (if any)

2. Normative Keyword directives : (quick)
- feedback from review (Martin, J.Borras)
- approval vote for publishing?

3. excellence award (JIRA "Long" Action Items ): (quick)
- https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-424
- follow-up (email has been sent, acknowledged by Carol, need Scott opinion)

4. PR status. What specs are / have been reviewed, use of JIRA.
- coming PRs: MQTT V3.1.1 .
- categorizing comments (see AI-24), follow-up

5. Conformance Clause guideline:
- make it more than "clause" scope? need to cover how to handle Normative/Non-normative
- review current JIRA issues logged (12)


Roll:

Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Chet Ensign (staff)
Patrick Durusau (individual)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Robin Cover (staff)


Action Items status: those currently open + those that just changed

AI-12: [open](in progress) Chet and Patrick: adding comment buttons to HTML specs.
(got it working, still in progress, will send samples for a next PR)

AI-27: [open] (new) ? : deferred PR comments: e.g. TOSCA comments:
how to track those deferred until V1.1? (need to extract a subset of comments)

AI-28: [closed] Patrick/Chet: we open a new issue to decide how TAB manages communicating issues to TCs and how we track them after that.

AI-31: [closed] A long-lasting issue to be open to track this.
- J: two issues already exist - TAB-435 is the one relative to the larger concern (issue was: Patrick: to see if shopping list and w3c citation builder are concurrent.
Patrick: there is a question about what citation resources we want to deliver to users.
I.e. import the W3C shopping list into an OASIS frame - but that's a separate discussion.
Robin: agree that this particular AI should be closed.
There is other work underway & what we should do is schedule a task force to discuss further and decide where the boundaries of this work ought to be.
Where we are going is similar to what the IETF has done - catalog in a Sourceforge area?).

AI-32: [closed] Jacques: to initiate a new JIRA long AI for guidance to TCs on how to architect their specs (in case several docs)
- done: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-516

AI-33: [closed] (new) Jacques will draft a note to Carol outlining the proposed general model and ask if staff is willing to nominate TCs

AI-34: [closed] (new) Jacques will contact Martin and Borras about our disposition of their comments on keywords guidelines.

AI-35: [closed] (new) Chet:post approved minutes to Wiki

AI-36: [open] (new) ? assessing the need for a TAB public page.
we have a TAB public Kavi group, though (if not a public page)
- P: we should make the page public
- Chet: public Web page would be like any other TC web page. Group notes field to be used (what goes in body of public page). Agree w Patrick . Step 1 update the Group notes .
- Ask Jose to add to our page.
- Chet: the group notes needs to be updated and then we can turn it on.
- Robin: the concern is the granularity of what would become public.
Robin suggests he and Patrick look at the other components of the TAB Kavi group to make sure what would become visible.
- Robin: I'll have to do that with some of the advanced settings available to staff.
- Patrick: how would we clean up the previous work of the TAB.
- Robin: some parts can be easily updated / edited.
- Chet: to expedite investigation: look at what in Kavi group right now : suitable for public visible? (e.g. some docs not public?)
- Patrick: Is this the Kavi group you are talking about? https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/

AI-37: [open] (new) Chet: explore if guidelines documents are missing, on the OASIS policies & guides page.
It seems that "testability" guidelines are no longer visible on https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines

AI-38: [open] (new) (?): Close AI-36, and focus on: what can be made public on TAB page?

AI-39: [open] (new) Patrick/Chet: (follow-up on AI-28)
Patrick: need to document how we can transmit issues to TC and how to track them once transferd.

AI-40: [open] (new) Chet: take steps to publish Normative Keyword directives


Long-lasting AIs (recorded in JIRA):

AI-TAB-20: [open] (in progress) RFC 2119 / ISO Keyword Guidelines.

AI-TAB-424: [open] (in progress) Define TAB process for Excellence Award

AI-TAB-435: CItation database (RFC)


Minutes: (assisted by: Chet)

1. Admin:
1.1 minutes Jan 10: Minutes unanimously approved.
1.2 short action items status: see above list of AIs
1.3 Miscellaneous Web and collaborative aspects to TAB work (if any)
- Jacques - notes that the testability guidelines are no longer visible under the list of all guidelines
- Chet: do we have a master list of what should be available to members?
- Jacques to create AI-37 and assign to Chet to explore if documents are missing

2. Normative Keyword directives : (quick)
- feedback from review (Martin, J.Borras)
- approval vote for publishing?
- Patrick: added "WARNING: Changing an [RFC 2119] keyword, such as lowercase must to UPPERCASE MUST, changes the conformance requirements of a specification. If that happens, it is a material change that requires a public review."
- Chet MOTION to approve https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=51992 as the final version of the keywords document and publish to membership, Ashok seconds.
- No discussion. No objections to approval. The motion passes unanimously.
- Jacques to assign AI to Chet to take steps to publish.

3. excellence award (JIRA "Long" Action Items ): (quick)
- https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-424
- follow-up (email has been sent, acknowledged by Carol, need Scott opinion)
- Carol agreed with the idea and is taking it to staff for consideration. Plenty of time.
- Jacques: question - should there be an advance announcement to members so that this doesn't come as a surprise?
- Chet will raise with Carol and staff during discussion.

4. PR status. What specs are / have been reviewed, use of JIRA.
- categorizing comments (see AI-24), follow-up
- Upcoming 30 day public reviews - Virtio 31 Jan, MQTT 11 Feb, OBIX 14 Feb, Trust-El 20 Feb, TGF 21 Feb.
- Chet: suggest stress be put on MQTT, VIRTIO and Trust El
- Jacques: discuss offline who/how to do the reviews.
- Patrick: we'll need to go horizontal on the review. Some are pretty big. Different members have different strengths.
- P: e.g. took him an hour just to review the IBM references made in Virtio - two weren't even available.
- Patrick: will review the references and will use the concordance doc to review use of keywords
- J: when we do these reviews, we're still attempting to classify these issues
- Patrick: Posted another list today to the document repository
- J: we should have a small set of classifications - e.g. 6 to 7
- Chet: points out test to use the Environmental field to track the classifications
- Jacques to add AI to me to explain how to do this.

5. Conformance Clause guideline:
- make it more than "clause" scope? need to cover how to handle Normative/Non-normative
- review current JIRA issues (12) logged for Conformance guideline
- J: questions about scope of the document - topic may be broader than what we have currently documented. Need to look into that further.
- P: Chet, under text search, check the environment box and that should enable filtering by classification in environment. Correct but not checked.
- Chet Ensign (OASIS): https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201401/msg00067.html
- Chet: "environment" filed can be used for categories of comments. Could then filter on. Then can extract in Excell

Other:
- next meeting Fri Feb 7.

meeting adjourned.

20140124 (last edited 2014-02-10 15:22:10 by chet.ensign)