==============================================================
Minutes TAB call (Feb 7, 2014)
==============================================================


Info

Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin:
1.1 minutes Jan 24, approval
1.2 short action items status
1.3 Miscellaneous Web and collaborative aspects to TAB work (if any)

2. Long Action Items status review
- (keyword guidelines, excellence award, citation database...)

3. PR status. What specs are / have been reviewed, use of JIRA.
- MQTT V3.1.1, Trust-El , OBIX, TGF
- tagging comments per category

4. Conformance Clause guideline:
- scope: non/normative content best practices (including keywords) + conf clause?
- review current JIRA issues logged (12)


Roll:

Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Chet Ensign (staff)
Patrick Durusau (individual)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Robin Cover (staff)


Action Items status: those currently open + those that just changed

AI-12: [open](in progress) Chet and Patrick: adding comment buttons to HTML specs.
(got it working, still in progress, will send samples for a next PR)

AI-27: [closed]: deferred PR comments: e.g. TOSCA comments:
how to track those deferred until V1.1? (need to extract a subset of comments)
Patrick made proposal under AI-39.

AI-36: [closed]: assessing the need for a TAB public page.
we have a TAB public Kavi group, though (if not a public page)
Patrick has made a proposal: see https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/

AI-37: [open] Chet: explore if guidelines documents are missing, on the OASIS policies & guides page.
It seems that "testability" guidelines are no longer visible on https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines

AI-38: [open] (?): Close AI-36, and focus on: what can be made public on TAB page?
Patrick has made a proposal.

AI-39: [open] Patrick/Chet: (follow-up on AI-2
Patrick: need to document how we can transmit issues to TC and how to track them once transferd.

AI-40: [open] Chet: take steps to publish Normative Keyword directives
AI-41: [open] (new) TAB: to review solution for TAB public page (resolution of AI-36)


Long-lasting AIs (recorded in JIRA):

AI-TAB-20: [open] (in progress) RFC 2119 / ISO Keyword Guidelines.

AI-TAB-424: [open] (in progress) Define TAB process for Excellence Award

AI-TAB-435: CItation database (RFC)


Minutes: (assisted by: Chet)

1. Admin:
1.1 minutes Jan 24: no discussion, no objs, minutes approved as posted
1.2 short action items status (see above list of AIs)
1.3 Miscellaneous Web and collaborative aspects to TAB work (if any)
a) Review Patrick's proposal for what to make public on the TAB Kavi group
- Suggest taking all currently public folders and put them into a Legacy folder so that they are not all visible.
- Patrick suggests he put forward a proposal for how to organize the Kavi group going forward
- Jacques: making the TAB page public will mean we need to have an ongoing process for deciding what to approve and make public
- Chet: also means we'll need to commit to maintain the Group Notes field to keep the site fresh
- Chet: requirements for us to keep that page updated
b) Review proposal for transmit issues to TC and track them once transferred
Patrick recaps:
- 1st part - how to create and classify comments in the JIRA
- 2nd part - how to extract and post issues to the TC including how we can mark deferred issues
- Need to decide on which categories we want to use
- Chet: we can offer to TC to move issues from TAB to TC JIRA (no reenter needed)
- Discussion about how we can transmit the comments to the TC

3. (swap item #2 and #3) PR status. What specs are / have been reviewed, use of JIRA.
- MQTT reviewed by Patrick and Jacques
- Chet : Trust, OBIX and TGF still need to be staffed.
- Chet: recommend OBIX, lots of external attention. Smart TV alliance, picked up by IoT. Need more review for Qual
- Patrick: logged 25 issues on OBIX 1.1, so far. think overlap is good, we see different things
- Jacques will do conf clause.
- Chet: upcoming 30 day public reviews - DSS Extension for Local Signatures and 11 KMIP CSDs
- Patrick: can we schedule PRs to spread out the closing dates by a week? Chet: I can try to stagger them more.
- Chet: TAB comments are appreciated. Useful comments.
- We decide about broad categories of comments, for later statistics:
- 7 categories: "References, Style, Normative, Structure, Process, Technical, Conformance"
- MOTION: Chet moves that we approve the list of categories as entered by Patrick to classify the TAB Public Review JIRA comments. Patrick seconds. No objections - the category list is approved
- Robin: recommend staying as close as possible (in flagging "Normative") to the definiotion:
"Normative Portion - a portion of an OASIS Standards Final Deliverable that must be implemented to comply with such deliverable. If such deliverable defines optional parts, Normative Portions include those portions of the optional part that must be implemented if the implementation is to comply with such optional part. Examples and/or reference implementations and other specifications or standards that were developed outside the TC and which are referenced in the body of a particular OASIS Standards Final Deliverable that may be included in such deliverable are not Normative Portions."
- Jacques: should we enter two categories when it is unclear? Consensus - no. Single category for each comment.

2. Long Action Items status review
- (keyword guidelines, excellence award, citation database...) Postponed.

4. Conformance Clause guideline:
- scope: non/normative content best practices (including keywords) + conf clause?
- review current JIRA issues logged (12)
Postponed.

Next meeting in two weeks, 90 minute meeting.
Meeting adjourned.

20140207 (last edited 2014-03-04 18:55:02 by chet.ensign)