==============================================================
Minutes TAB call (Feb 28, 2014)
==============================================================


Info

Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin:
1.1 minutes Feb 7, approval
1.2 short action items status
1.3 Miscellaneous Web and collaborative aspects to TAB work (if any)

2. PR status. What specs are / have been reviewed, use of JIRA.
- general observations, comment tagging, JIRA use, transfer.
- coming: XACML3 (Feb 2, DSS-X (Mar 12), KMIPv1.2 (Mar 20)
- issue of non-free / non-accessible references to external work.

3. Conformance Clause guideline:
- format: a short, evolutive guide vs full document?
- scope: addressing best practices for {normative content (including keywords) + conf clause }?
- review current JIRA issues logged (12)

4. Long Action Items status review
- (keyword guidelines, e...


Roll:

Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Chet Ensign (staff)
Patrick Durusau (individual)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Robin Cover (staff, observer)


Action Items status: those currently open + those that just changed

AI-12: [open](in progress) Chet and Patrick: adding comment buttons to HTML specs. Progess made.
Chet requests to add agenda item 5 to discuss the HTML output.

AI-37: [open] Chet: explore if guidelines documents are missing, on the OASIS policies & guides page.
It seems that "testability" guidelines are no longer visible on https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines. Chet following up with Carol and Jose. Still open, close next meeting.

AI-38: [open] (?): Close AI-36, and focus on: what can be made public on TAB page?
Patrick has made a proposal.
- chet: public view of TC is just a big list of docs, No worth effort triaging. no problem making it public. However the public page is "ugly", unstructured
- Patrick: is it possible to set a default view on the public TC list? Chet to look into that.
- Robin : the "default is your personal settings (per person, as remembered by Kavi)
- Robin: internal Kavi keeps your preferences; not sure about the public TC view
- Robin: the one concern might be that Google would index and retrieve old stuff
- Robin: will spot check the documents for a quick sanity check

AI-39: [closed] Patrick/Chet: (follow-up on AI-2)
Patrick: need to document how we can transmit issues to TC and how to track them once transferd.
Patrick submitted revised proposal using new categorization.

AI-40: [open] Chet: take steps to publish Normative Keyword directives.
Chet emailed to Carol and Jose, sent them the document and asked that it be added to the Policies page.
Leave open and we will close on our next call. Resolved but not yet closed.

AI-41: [open] TAB: to review solution for TAB public page (resolution of AI-36)
- In progress - Patrick drafted rewrite of the TAB group notes field.
- AI to TAB members to review the writeup so we can approve and close at the next meeting

AI-42: [open] (new) (follow-up AI-39) Robin: will spot check the documents for a quick sanity check

AI-43: [open] (new) Jacques :to validate Patrick's proposal for AI-39.

AI-44: [open] (new) TAB: how should we make past public review comments available to OASIS members?
For long term: search & filter old issues is enough.

AI-45: [open] (new) Chet: to check if we can remove aged out Version names without affecting the issues.

AI-46: [open] (new) Patrick/Jacques: will send examples of good and bad conf clauses before the next meeting


Long-lasting AIs (recorded in JIRA):

AI-TAB-20: [open] (in progress) RFC 2119 / ISO Keyword Guidelines.

AI-TAB-424: [open] (in progress) Define TAB process for Excellence Award

AI-TAB-435: CItation database (RFC)


Minutes: (assisted by: Chet)

1. Admin:
1.1 minutes Feb 7: Minutes approved unanimously
1.2 short action items status: see above.
1.3 Miscellaneous Web and collaborative aspects to TAB work (if any)
- Patrick: one issue - get to it when we get to "group notes".
TAB will need a location where we can store and give access to things. - AI to TAB: how should we make past public review comments available to OASIS members? (AI for all)
- Jacques: another thing: perhaps we'll need to remove some of the Affected Versions entries in JIRA as they age out - the list is very long. (AI for Chet)
- Patrick: will it be possible to have a separate instance where we can transfer the legacy stuff?
- Patrick: in long term: search & filter old issues is enough.

2. PR status. What specs are / have been reviewed, use of JIRA.
- general observations, comment tagging, JIRA use, transfer.
- coming: XACML3 (Feb 2, DSS-X (Mar 12), KMIPv1.2 (Mar 20)
- Chet: CAMP Test Assertions is the next 30 day PR coming up.
- Jacques: posted rev 4 of the TAB public review checklist, that is organized along the seven comment categories: "References, Style, Normative, Structure, Process, Technical, Conformance"
- Patrick raised issue about non-free specs cited in a CSD
- Chet: recommend we put this on the agenda for the next meeting as a separate discussion item
- Chet: will send pre-notices to the TAB when the 30 day PR ticket is opened.
will send also more generally the actual PR announces for each PR to the TAB

3. Conformance Clause guideline:
- format: a short, evolutive guide vs full document?
- scope: addressing best practices for {normative content (including keywords) + conf clause }?
- PRs are revealing lots of problems with conformance clauses that seem to fall into a set of patterns.
- J: general question - what kind of deliverable should the TAB deliver? A Word document that people can download? A web page or a wiki page (similar to the testability guidelines) that is dynamic?
- If we go with something shorter and more modular, we could roll out the document in short bursts.
- Ashok: If we could write up examples showing how to actually do this that would be helpful.
- J: what we have today is probably a small subset of what we need to write. should it include best practices on how to write normative content? use of normative keywords?
- P: I think we have a good sense of what we ought to say about conformance clauses. But telling someone that in prose will only get you so far.
- That would help address what we are seeing in conformance clauses. Not a template even but just a 'here is what a good one looks like' example
- Ashok:It's a special skill ... needs training
- Patrick: A possible good one: http://docs.oasis-open.org/bias/soap-profile/v1.0/os/biasprofile-v1.0-os.html#_Toc327794278
- Jacques: should be able to show a good one and a bad one.
- AI to Patrick - will send examples of good and bad clauses before the next meeting
- J: will work w/ Patrick to gather sample material for the next meeting.
- J: reminder that the JIRA has a conformance / version combination for conformance clauses guideline issues to address in documentation. Component = Documentation, Affects Version = Conformance Clauses

Chet Ensign (OASIS): ...

4. Long Action Items status review

- (keyword guidelines, e...
- Keyword guidelines
- https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-516
- [closed] https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-436
- https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-435
- TAB-435 is currently assigned to Patrick, based upon work on citations for IETF RFCs. It probably needs to be refactored to indicate that the larger endeavor would be to provide editors/authors with pre-formatted citations in various usable formats (Word, OpenDocument, HTML).
Update: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201402/msg00379.html
- Robin: refasctor 435 in a larger project (Robin/Patrick)
- Robin: I updated my Action Item for "citation database", here: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201402/msg00379.html
- Robin: enterprise-wide metadata DB: persons, work product, TC lifecycle. Smaller part: bibliography DB

- Excellence award item: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-424
- to close: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-20

- New item 5 - Comment tags in HTML reviews. uploaded file: camp-ta-out.html
- Chet: I can send this along as an experiment with the next public review and we can see what sort of a reaction it gets.
- Patrick: demonstrate inbline comment links on CAMP TAs --> additional HTML doc just to capture comments (note: the TOC links disabled)

Next meeting in two weeks.
Meeting adjourned.

20140228 (last edited 2014-03-10 17:30:39 by chet.ensign)