==============================================================
Minutes TAB call (Mar 21, 2014)
==============================================================


Info

Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin:
1.1 minutes Feb 28, approval
1.2 July F2F: (Wed-Thu)
1.2 short action items status
1.3 Miscellaneous Web and collaborative aspects to TAB work (if any), new JIRA.

2. Keywords Guidelines:
- recent comments.

3. PR status.
- Recent reviews (latest: KMIP), most frequent issues.
- use of JIRA.
- generating stats.
- pipeline status.

4. PR Checklist new version (aligned with comments categories)
- review

5. Conformance Clause guideline:
- a short, evolutive guide vs full document?
- proposed format (to be uploaded): 10 rules for writing conformance clauses + samples
- review current JIRA issues logged (12)

6. Miscellaneous (Long Action Items)
- excellence award,
- citation database


Roll:

Chet Ensign (staff)
Patrick Durusau (individual)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Robin Cover (staff, observer)

excused: Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)


Short Action Items status: those currently open + those that just changed

AI-12: [open](in progress) Chet and Patrick: adding comment buttons to HTML specs.
(got it working, still in progress, will send samples for a next PR)
Patrick: AI-12 - minimal form, categories: editorial/technical - impact high/med/low - and wording changes
Patrick: AI-12 - need fix the TOCs links as well

AI-37: [closed] Chet: explore if guidelines documents are missing, on the OASIS policies & guides page.
It seems that "testability" guidelines are no longer visible on https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines
Chet: to open new JIRA TAB issue on documents in general
Chet: It isn't clear that the Testability Guidelines was ever on the Policies page
Chet: keep that material on the WIKI and link to the wiki page from TAB page
AI-37 closed --> new issue AI-48

AI-38: [closed] (?): Close AI-36, and focus on: what can be made public on TAB page?
Patrick has made a proposal.
Chet: avoid having a flat sequential list of documents, on public page.
... KAVI display does not have folders.
... mayneed a separate page for PR comments.
Chet: keep that material on the WIKI and link to the wiki page from TAB page
E.g. CAMP public page: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/documents.php?wg_abbrev=camp

AI-39: [closed] Patrick/Chet: (follow-up on AI-2
Patrick: need to document how we can transmit issues to TC and how to track them once transferd.
Closed. Tracking is by submitters or TC.

AI-40: [closed] Chet: take steps to publish Normative Keyword directives
AI-41: [closed] TAB: to review solution for TAB public page (resolution of AI-36)

AI-42: [open] (follow-up AI-39) Robin: will spot check the documents for a quick sanity check

AI-43: [open] Jacques :to validate Patrick's proposal for AI-39.

AI-44: [open] TAB: how should we make past public review comments available to OASIS members?
For long term: search & filter old issues is enough.

AI-45: [open] Chet: to check if we can remove aged out Version names without affecting the issues.

AI-46: [open] Patrick/Jacques: will send examples of good and bad conf clauses before the next meeting

AI-47: [open] Patrick/Chet to edit properly the Keywords guidelines to address upper/lower case comment from Tim.

AI-48: [open] (new) Chet - to open new JIRA TAB issue on documents in general (follow-up of AI-37)
clean-up needed .

AI-50: [open] (new) Patrick to make a page on Wiki for hosting our PR comments available to members.

AI-51: [all] review / finalize proposed content for TAB public page.

AI-52: [open] (new) Jacques :to contact Tim Hudson to report on TAB decision(s) about his comments on Keywords guidelines..


Long-lasting AIs (recorded in JIRA):

AI-TAB-20: [open] (in progress) RFC 2119 / ISO Keyword Guidelines.

AI-TAB-424: [open] (in progress) Define TAB process for Excellence Award

AI-TAB-435: Citation database (RFC)


Minutes: (assisted by: Chet)

1. Admin:
1.1 minutes Feb 28, approval
1.2 July F2F: (Wed-Thu): TAB F2F will be July Wed 30-Thu 31 , Thu full day ? still TBD
1.2 short action items status (see above)
1.3 Miscellaneous Web and collaborative aspects to TAB work (if any), new JIRA.

2. Keywords Guidelines:
- recent comments by Tim Hudson.
- Patrick: OK for typo, but decline suggested improvement because this is a non-normative document
- Patrick: add: "For consistency with RFC2119, normative OASIS work products should use ISO keywords in uppercase, if they are using ISO keywords."
- Chet moves we approve this change, Patrick 2nd. Approved.
- AI-47: Patrick/Chet to edit properly the Keywords guidelines to address upper/lower case comment from Tim.

3. PR status.
- Recent reviews (latest: KMIP), most frequent issues.
Jacques: KMIP: multi-part WP vs separate specs?
KMIP set of specs had: many reference issues, and also conformance clause issues.
Jacques: more generally, we notice that TCs don’t do a good job of dealing with multi-document specs Or multiple specs closely related.
Chet: the TC was well informed and decided of this.
Robin: @Patrick: citation best practice will be on firmer footing (soon we hope) with the library of Citations... working on it. citation lib should help on referencing (e.g. citation for a part) building set samples.
- use of JIRA: (JIRA was down temporarily)
- generating stats: Jacques: we'll need to start generating stats on the PR comments, per category.
- pipeline status: Cloud Authorization Use Cases (30-day PR)
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=52528&wg_abbrev=cloudauthz

4. PR Checklist new version 5 (aligned with comments categories)
- review
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/52557/TAB-ReviewChecklist-rev5.doc
Jacques: need to flesh out the "Process" comment category.

5. Conformance Clause guideline:
- a short, evolutive guide vs full document?
- proposed format (to be uploaded): 10 rules for writing conformance clauses + samples Patrick: evolutionary guide is good. No need to wait. Put out examples.
Jacques: So will start writing down "rules", e.g. "In a conformance section, the implementations that are conformance targets should all be clearly defined". Etc.
- the PR Checklist new version 5 show also all the items to be verified on Conformance Clauses:
could inspire Conformance Clauses "rules" (just the other side of the same coin).
AI-46: [open] Patrick/Jacques: will send examples of good and bad conf clauses before the next meeting

6. Miscellaneous (Long Action Items)
- excellence award, (nothing to do on our side yet)
- citation database (Robin to follow-up, see (3))

Next meeting in two weeks.
Meeting adjourned.

20140321 (last edited 2014-03-31 17:45:17 by chet.ensign)