==============================================================
Minutes TAB call (May 23, 2014)
==============================================================


Info

Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin:
1.1 minutes May 9, approval
1.2 short action items status (see May 9 minutes)
1.3 TAB public page (AI-51)

2. Determine best way to produce and publish TAB documents
https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-981

3. Conformance Clause guideline:
3.1 - Core legacy guidelines: general approach on its evolution/update. (currently posted at: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/ConformanceGuidelines.html )

See proposed diffs:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/53125/tab-conformance-clauses-v1.0-wd03-commentsJD.doc

3.2- Annex material review:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/52940/TAB-ConformanceGuide-annex-rev6.doc

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
4.1- migration of past reviews into archives, availability.
4.2- Recent reviews, pipeline status (current: XSPA), other CN material (TGF...).

4.3-- Preparing to generate statistics.

4.4- PR Checklist new version with more complete Process category (to be uploaded)
current version at: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=52838
- Checklist is for reviewers, but in what form to communicate related requirements to editors?


Roll:

Patrick Durusau (individual)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)

excused: Chet Ensign (staff)


Short Action Items status: those currently open + those that just changed in this meeting

AI-50: [open] (new) Patrick to make a page on Wiki for hosting our PR comments available to members.
- open. Per TC name, or per date. Could a script automatically populate the page?
- Patrick: see: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/tab/TABPrComments
- closed

AI-51: [all] review / finalize proposed content for TAB public page.
- chet: get our TAB PR comments (some of) links added to the page, then ask Jose to make it public. Here is the link to TAB Kavi page - http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab
- Robin Cover: Just let me know: I can make the web pages public when we are ready...
- Issue still open pending final request to Robin to make it public
- Patrick: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/tab/
- and: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/
- Ashok: MOTION: that we adopt current design, and pass it to staff for deployment. Pat 2nd. Approved.
- Closed.

AI-52: [open] Chet to make proposals on the guidelines issue, where to publish.
Ashok: Why don't the guidelines docs go on the OASIS page?
- guidelines displayed only on our TAB page wont be easy to find...
- patrick: we have relied on a "pull" model for material. We'd need to actively market our work products, need reach out to new TCs, e.g. mail from TAB chair with useful links. new TCs need guidance even if they don't know it.
- ashok: we could still add a pointer to OASIS page toward our guidelines page / public page
- Jacques: the PnG OASIS page could be more structured:
"Other OASIS Policies and Guidelines" could be split and show something like:
"Specification and Editorial Guidelines" that lists all editing guidelines supporting directly the TC process (Conformance guideline...) + gives links to TAB-hosted other guidelines.
- Note that the "keywords guidelines" does not seem to qualify as directly relevant to TC process (TC process does not talk about normative keywords)

AI-53: [open] Chet to publish the updated version of legacy Conformance guidelines, and to load it to docs.oasis-open.org.
- open

AI-54: [open] [new] Jacques to help extract PR conf clauses for sampling.
- closed

AI-55: [open] [new] to finalize a proposal for AI-52, what insert could we add to the PnG page.

AI-56: [open] [new] Patrick: volunteers to take 1st shot at normative content section 4.


Long-lasting AIs (recorded in JIRA):

AI-TAB-20: [open] (in progress) RFC 2119 / ISO Keyword Guidelines.

AI-TAB-424: [open] (in progress) Define TAB process for Excellence Award

AI-TAB-435: CItation database (RFC)


Minutes: (assisted by: Chet)

1. Admin:
1.1 minutes May 23: approved unan.
1.2 short action items status (see above)
1.3 TAB public page (AI-51)

2. Determine best way to produce and publish TAB documents
https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-981

3. Conformance Clause guideline:
3.1 - Core legacy guidelines: general approach on its evolution/update. (currently posted at: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/ConformanceGuidelines.html )
- See proposed diffs: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/53125/tab-conformance-clauses-v1.0-wd03-commentsJD.doc
- Patrick: posted some comments on this document: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201405/msg00099.html
- patrick: could shorten the Normative Concent section.
"normative content" are such as... (the section should help
- need educate TC editor why distinction between normative vs. non-normative. Role of keywords. Need be more concise.
- Patrick: volunteers to take 1st shot at this normative content section 4.
- jacques: to reword 5.1 "anatomy of a CC"
- Ashok: 5.2 is advanced material, could go into an Annex part
- Ashok: section 6 should merge with 10 rules, and come here instead of Annex.

3.2- Annex material review:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/52940/TAB-ConformanceGuide-annex-rev6.doc
- Jacques: sent recent file (email 5/19): TAB-ConformanceGuide-annex-rev8.doc
- Ashok: takes editing pen on Annex doc, replace 10 rules (Jacques will add in core doc, careful with reduncdancy w checklist section 6)
- Ashok will import the multiple conf clause cases from core doc section 5.2 into Annex.

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
4.1- migration of past reviews into archives, availability.
4.2- Recent reviews, pipeline status (current: XSPA), other CN material (TGF...).
- XSPA comments to be packaged by Patrick and sent.

4.3-- Preparing to generate statistics.

4.4- PR Checklist new version with more complete Process category (to be uploaded)
current version at: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=52838
- Checklist is for reviewers, but in what form to communicate related requirements to editors?

Next meeting date: Friday, June 6, for 60 or 90 minutes TBD
Meeting adjourned.

20140523 (last edited 2014-06-03 17:42:41 by chet.ensign)