==============================================================
Minutes TAB call (June 6, 2014)
==============================================================


Info

Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin:
1.1 minutes May 23, 2014
1.2 short action items status (see May 23 minutes)
1.3 TAB public page review ( www.oasis-open.org/committees/tab/ )

2. Determine best way to produce and publish TAB documents:
What visibility on PnG page? Should we propose a new layout for PnG? (section for "Editor's resources"?)
https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-981

3. Conformance Clause guideline:
3.1 - Core legacy guidelines: general approach on its evolution/update.
(currently posted at: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/ConformanceGuidelines.html )

See proposed diffs in wd04:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=53180&referring_url=%2Fkws

3.2- Annex material review (rev10 from Ashok + Jacques changes in rev11):
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=53235

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
4.1- Preparing to generate statistics.
4.2- Recent reviews, pipeline status (current: WS-Calendar PIM 1.0, TGF...).
4.4- PR Checklist new version with more complete Process category (to be uploaded) current version at:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=52838
- Checklist is for reviewers, but in what form to communicate related requirements to editors?


Roll:

Patrick Durusau (individual)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Chet Ensign (staff)


Short Action Items status: those currently open + those that just changed in this meeting

AI-52: [open] Chet to make proposals on the guidelines issue, where to publish.
Ashok: Why don't the guidelines docs go on the OASIS page?
- guidelines displayed only on our TAB page wont be easy to find...
- patrick: we have relied on a "pull" model for material.
We'd need to actively market our work products, need reach out to new TCs, e.g. mail from TAB chair with useful links. new TCs need guidance even if they don't know it.
- ashok: we could still add a pointer to OASIS page toward our guidelines page / public page
- Jacques: the PnG OASIS page could be more structured:
"Other OASIS Policies and Guidelines" could be split and show something like: "Specification and Editorial Guidelines" that lists all editing guidelines supporting directly the TC process (Conformance guideline...) + gives links to TAB-hosted other guidelines.
- Note that the "keywords guidelines" does not seem to qualify as directly relevant to TC process
(TC process does not talk about normative keywords)

AI-53: [open] Chet to publish the updated version of legacy Conformance guidelines, and to load it to docs.oasis-open.org.
- open

AI-55: [open] [new] Jacques: to finalize a proposal for AI-52, what insert could we add to the PnG page.

AI-56: [open] [new] Patrick: volunteers to take 1st shot at normative content section 4.
open.

AI-57: [open] [new] AI to Chet to announce the current public TAB page to OASIS members.

AI-58: [open] [new] Chet: In the context of conf clause guidelines:
need to look at "covered product" "licensed product" . Chet to ask Jamie.


Long-lasting AIs (recorded in JIRA):

AI-TAB-20: [open] (in progress) RFC 2119 / ISO Keyword Guidelines.

AI-TAB-424: [open] (in progress) Define TAB process for Excellence Award

AI-TAB-435: CItation database (RFC)


Minutes: (assisted by: Chet)

1. Admin:
1.1 minutes May 23: approved
1.2 short action items status (see above)
1.3 TAB public page review ( www.oasis-open.org/committees/tab/ )
- overall, members like the new page proposal.
- the FAQ points to wrong page (OASIS PR) (Carol to do)
- the "TC" buttons (join, etc) not appropriate at the top (not an option?) - could add TAB members to page (only visible in TAB Wiki). modify list of TAB members (Uncheck "secretary" role and rely on membership list).
- Chet clarified that Robin and Patrick were set as secretaries when that was needed to edit the wiki.
- Jacques: highlight the feedback section? Any way to facilitate this feedback (link to tab-comment mail?)
- Patrick: why not put the feedback text right under Jacques' name as chair. Then change the next title to "TAB Comments on 30 Day Reviews" (we all agree).
- Provide also full list of TAB guidelines (not that many)
- Patrick: FAQ: why would you be a TAB member?
- AI-57: [open] [new] AI to Chet to announce the current public TAB page to OASIS members.

2. Determine best way to produce and publish TAB documents:
What visibility on PnG page? Should we propose a new layout for PnG? (section for "Editor's resources"?) https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-981
- Carol owns the PnG

3. Conformance Clause guideline:
3.1 - Core legacy guidelines: general approach on its evolution/update.
(currently posted at: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/ConformanceGuidelines.html )
See proposed diffs in wd04:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=53180&referring_url=%2Fkws
3.2- Annex material review (rev10 from Ashok + Jacques changes in rev11):
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=53235

- Chet: modify Intro 1st sentence, CClause governs IPR commitment so important. if you implement only half of the CC, your are not "covered" IP-wise. Need to make that clear.
- AI-58: [open] [new] Chet: need to look at "covered product" "licensed product" . Chet to ask Jamie.
non-assertion mode --> kind of critical.
- to discuss: references at end of section 2
- Patrick: 5.1 -> conformance clauses only appear in the conformance section should read: conformance clauses only appear in a conformance section.
- Section 7: merge it somewhere else. Patrick: possibly into normative content section
- Patrick: consolidating conf guidelines: beware redundancy , don't repeat yourself
- Consensus: we agree that core + annex should be consolidated in a single doc.

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- TGF e-health profile (CN)
- WS-Calendar PIM 1.0 due June 20

next call: June 13th 90 minutes , and after that July 11th.
Meeting adjourned.

20140606 (last edited 2014-07-14 16:02:09 by chet.ensign)