==============================================================
Minutes TAB call (July 18, 2014)
==============================================================


Info
Time: 11amPT
Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin and :
- F2F agenda
- Minutes Jun 6, 13, Jul 11
- TAB public page review and enhancement (see Jun 6 minutes)

2. TAB report to Board

3. Excellence award: (see email Chet 6/11)
- our criteria for selection? First cut?

4. Conformance Clause guideline:
- iteration on the first consolidated draft (core + annex)
- Normative section 4

5. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PRs AMQP, eTMF
- preparing for statistics on comment categories

6. Admin sequel:
- short action items status (see Jun 6 minutes, to be posted)


Roll:

Patrick Durusau (individual)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Chet Ensign (staff)
Robin Cover (staff, observer)


Short Action Items status: those currently open + those that just changed in this meeting

AI-52: [open] Chet to make proposals on the guidelines issue, where to publish
Ashok: Why don't the guidelines docs go on the OASIS page?
- guidelines displayed only on our TAB page wont be easy to find...
- patrick: we have relied on a "pull" model for material.
We'd need to actively market our work products, need reach out to new TCs,
e.g. mail from TAB chair with useful links. new TCs need guidance even if they don't know it. - ashok: we could still add a pointer to OASIS page toward our guidelines page / public page
- Jacques: the PnG OASIS page could be more structured:
"Other OASIS Policies and Guidelines" could be split and show something like:
"Specification and Editorial Guidelines" that lists all editing guidelines supporting directly the TC process (Conformance guideline...) + gives links to TAB-hosted other guidelines.
- Note that the "keywords guidelines" does not seem to qualify as directly relevant to TC process (TC process does not talk about normative keywords)

AI-53: [open] Chet to publish the updated version of legacy Conformance guidelines, and to load it to docs.oasis-open.org. - open

AI-55: [open] [new] Jacques: to finalize a proposal for AI-52, what insert could we add to the PnG page.

AI-56: [open] [new] Patrick: volunteers to take 1st shot at normative content section 4.
open.

AI-57: [open] [new] AI to Chet to announce the current public TAB page to OASIS members.

AI-58: [open] [new] Chet: In the context of conf clause guidelines:
need to look at "covered product" "licensed product" . Chet to ask Jamie.


Long-lasting AIs (recorded in JIRA):

AI-TAB-20: [open] (in progress) RFC 2119 / ISO Keyword Guidelines.

AI-TAB-424: [open] (in progress) Define TAB process for Excellence Award

AI-TAB-435: CItation database (RFC)


Minutes: (assisted by: Chet)

1. Admin and :
- F2F agenda: will add Robin suggestions (update on Naming directives, citation database(s)
- Minutes Jun 6, 13, Jul 11 : approved
- TAB public page review and enhancement (see Jun 6 minutes):
Good to publish, but we know a few changes are still needed: the FAQ link in "related links", possibly more visible "feedback" link for members. Carol owns some of the above.
Chet to proceed to publish the page as is - we will go over it again at F2F.

2. TAB report to Board
- suggestion from Patrick to be more concrete on the comment categories (add examples).
- cannot read too much in the quantitative charts, need say why.
- need add "citation database" (Robin) as work in progress, revived by PR results.
- conf clauses guidelines: unlikely to wrap-up at F2F, so work in progress.
However we should give priority to a quick release vs. completeness. E.g. the "non-machine processable" specification case can wait a next revision.
- we'll review at F2F, focus on how to interpret the PR outputs. Need to develop the following:
(a) what we learned (weak points in TCs, specs)
(b) how useful for the TCs this is
(c) remediation proposed, per comment type.

3. Excellence award: (see email Chet 6/11)
- we provided our final ranking, Chet processed by STV and we finalized our TAB selection.
- all nominees will be announced by staff, "and the winner is..."
- CHet to write up blurbs to introduce each nominee.

4. Conformance Clause guideline:
- iteration on the first consolidated draft (core + annex)
- Normative section 4: still needs work (Patrick + Ashok)
- Ashok will produce next iteration.
- at F2F, we'll consider accessory material such as how a conformance clause template could look like. Jacques: challenges for such a template: top-level structure easy but will need to provide guidance about how to fill the blanks - e.g. how to characteriize "implementation"). Also, the template may have to list the different ways a clause may refer to normative content. Not just "fill the blanks" type.
- we'll give priority to publishing soon - we'll address the special cases (e.g. non-machine processable specs) subsequently, in a revision.

5. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PRs AMQP, eTMF
Jacques provided a conformance comment on AMQP clause. Need wrap-up this review.
More time for eTMF review (expires August)
- preparing for statistics on comment categories:
Not enough time to review further the spreadsheet from Chet.

6. Admin sequel: postponed
- short action items status (see Jun 6 minutes, to be posted)

next call/meeting: F2F July 30th, 9amET.
Meeting adjourned.

20140718 (last edited 2014-08-13 20:36:17 by chet.ensign)