=============================================================
Minutes TAB call (August 15, 2014)
=============================================================


Info
Time: 11amPT
Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin and :
- Minutes F2F:
- staff co-chair issue: TAB charter restrictions.
- review general plans for coming year.
2. Review of short action items do we need to prioritize them?.
- AI-51 + related issues 56-57-58, 62-63-64 : TAB public page review and enhancement (see Jun 6 & F2F minutes)
- new action items from F2F (see F2F minutes, to be added to short AI list)
3. Conformance Clause guideline follow-up.
- tentative approval of release.
4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline (latest eTMF, EDXL,...), surge in public comments (eTMF)
- measuring usage of inline comment links.
- more analytics?
- PR checklist follow-up: latest update with JIRA-aligned severity fields, possible values per check item.


Roll:

Patrick Durusau (individual)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Chet Ensign (staff)


Short Action Items status: those currently open + those that just changed in this meeting

AI-50: [open] (new) Patrick to make a page on Wiki for hosting our PR comments available to members.
- Closed

AI-51: [all] review / finalize proposed content for TAB public page.
- Closed - page is public.

AI-52: [open] [new] Chet to make proposals on the guidelines issue, where to publish.
- Closed - made proposal in ee https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201406/msg00007.html

AI-53: [open] [new] Chet to publish the updated version of legacy Conformance guidelines, and to load it to docs.oasis-open.org.
- Closed - it is published

AI-54: [open] [new] Jacques to help extract PR conf clauses for sampling.
- Closed - Jacques provided the samples

AI-55: Jacques - put review of TAB charter and whether or not staff can be chair on the agenda for the next meeting
- Closed - charter review to be added to future agenda

AI-56: Chet - add a mailto:ask-the-tab@ link to the TAB homepage
- https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=tab
- Link is broken and the email address itself has problems
[open]

AI-57: Chet - check all links on the TAB homepage
- Open - need to fix the FAQ link. Work with Carol.
[open]

AI-58: Chet - put a block of text on providing feedback at the top of the page to make it more visible.
Right under the TAB heading. Include link to ask-the-tab@ archive
[open]

AI-59: Chet - add the EDXL Emergency Clients Version to the TAB JIRA [DONE]
- Closed

AI-60: Patrick - write up steps for extracting comments from JIRA to a spreadsheet
[open]

AI-61: Chet/Jacques - ensure that comments are exported and submitted to TCs before the end date.
Perhaps swap responsibility for checking this from one month - to - month
- For each PR, a TAB member should be assigned to manage the collecting of comments and reporting them to the TC
- Jacques should assign responsibility to one of the TAB members to make sure comments are submitted to the TC
- AI: to refine PR process so that chair is assigning a "messenger" for each PR, 2weeks before deadline.

AI-62: Chet - ask Carol about separating the TAB documents on the PnG page
[open]

AI-63: ?? Reword the AI - ask Carol if she is willing to modify the PnG page - to Chet
[open]

AI-64: Chet - take up the next iteration of TAB public page (? don’t recall this discussion)
- Closed

AI-65: Jacques - send new TCs a welcome note with TAB resource links - consider when TAB public page ready for prime time, a notification to existing TCs that it is there with links to resources and also feedback.
[open]

AI-66: Jacques - put approval of the conformance clause document on the agenda for the next meeting
- Closed

AI-67: Chet - work out a meeting time - at least every other month - where Gershon can join us on the call. Chet to follow up w/ Gershon
[open]

AI-68: Jacques - documentation of PR process.
[open]

AI-69: Ashok - follow up with Steve S. of the OSLC team about his work on ReSpec for OASIS working drafts.
- Ashok followed up w/ Steve - ReSpec not quite ready yet
- Closed

AI-70: Chet to prepare using Action Items in KAVI, clean-up (close all current open AIs in the TAB Kavi and then add any open ones)
[new, open]

AI-71 (Jacques): put charter review for future meeting.
[new, open]

AI-72: to refine PR process so that chair is assigning a "messenger" for each PR, 2weeks before deadline.
[new, open]

AI-73: (Chet) New AI - Chet to add all open AIs to the TAB Kavi list
[new, open]

AI-74: (Chet/Patrick): how to better track PR2 and CR logs

AI-75: AI - how can we track that comment resolution logs are submitted and cover all the TAB comments?


Long-lasting AIs (recorded in JIRA):

AI-TAB-20: [open] (in progress) RFC 2119 / ISO Keyword Guidelines.

AI-TAB-424: [open] (in progress) Define TAB process for Excellence Award

AI-TAB-435: CItation database (RFC)


Minutes: (assisted by: Chet)

1. Admin and :
- Minutes F2F: minutes are approved, UNAN.

- staff co-chair issue: TAB charter restrictions.
o AI-71 (Jacques): put charter review for future meeting. Concern may be that the TAB should be independent of staff. So we *could* propose rewording to make sure there is always a chair not staff but that a co-chair could be a staff person.

- review general plans for coming year.
o any thoughts on other things that we should be doing?
o Chet: the PRs were definitely appreciated. We should concentrate on those and the analysis of the comments we have seen so far.
o Ashok: compliments to Patrick
o reviews are a way to publicize TAB role to outside
2. Review of short action items do we need to prioritize them?.
- Chet: we need a better way to keep track of the AIs because we aren't marking them closed with they are finished.
- Use Kavi AI feature - flush the current list and update with current open AIs.
- AI-70: Chet to prepare using Action Items in KAVI, clean-up (close all current open AIs in the TAB Kavi and then add any open ones)

- see above list of AIs, updated.

3. Conformance Clause guideline follow-up.
- Discussion of the latest draft. TAB not ready to approve as final this week.
- Ashok and Patrick will work on it between now and next Friday.
- Approve at next special meeting on August 22nd

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline (latest eTMF, EDXL,...), surge in public comments (eTMF)
o Service Metadata Publishing (SMP) Version 1.0
o raises question: couple of erratas for PR.
o check "non-materiality" of erratas?
o Patrick: still need to track responses from TCs to our comments, need do more analytics: all this is higher priority.
o Consensus that we won't review Errata
o Jacques: need check if TCs follow up on our comments
o Chet: TAB could make sure that CHet does not launch 2nd PR without loading comment resolution log of PR1: TAB comments should individually be listed in the CR log
o Patrick: subscribe to TC admin page, look at 2nd PR and set up a filter for these PR2
o chet closes the ticket when launching PR. a 2ndPR ticket does not update a PR1 ticket.

Next meetings will be:
- special COnf quidelines (tentative approval) meeting August 22nd at 2:00 EDT,
- regular full meeting Sept 5.

Meeting adjourned.

20140815 (last edited 2014-08-21 20:28:31 by chet.ensign)