=============================================================
Minutes TAB call (October 3, 2014)
=============================================================


Info
Time: noonPT (exceptional)
Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin and general status:
- Minutes Sept, 5, 19 (to be posted), )

2. Conformance Clause guideline revision
- comments from Board: any further comments?
- follow-up plans, review related action items (Ashok, Jacques)
3. Review of short action items (in Kavi).
- In particular, TAB public page
4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline (XMILE,WS-Biometric ...),
- facilitating public feedback (inline comment links, etc)
- Documentation of TAB PR process - see draft: (for AI #0295)
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3727
- PR checklist follow-up: latest update (rev9 to be uploaded before meeting) with JIRA-aligned severity fields, possible values per check item.


Roll:

Patrick Durusau (individual)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Kevin Mangold (NIST)
Chet Ensign (staff)

excused:
Gershon Janssen (Board liaison)


Minutes:

1. Admin and general status:
- Minutes Sept, 5, 19 (posted): approved unan.

2. Conformance Clause guideline revision:
- tab-conformance-clauses-v1 0-consolidated-rev18.docx
- Ashok: paragraph now ending as:
"...RFC 2119 keywords must be in upper case. Other keywords, such as ISO keywords may be used in specifications only after consultation with TC Admin."
- Patrick: in the past minutes: "Other keywords may be used only after consultation with the TC."
- No one opposes the new wording from Ashok.
- New section 4.5: "Referring to Normative Content External to the Specification".
- Patrick: what we cite in an external std is not the conformance clause (if absent), but the normative definition.
- Jacques: change last sentence of 4.5: "......must state the expected level of conformance to (B) either by explicitly referring at the normative content in (B) that is to be complied with, or by referring to conformance clause(s) of (B) if any."
- Ashok: add a reference to MQTT in 7.1
- http://docs.oasis-open.org/mqtt/mqtt/v3.1.1/mqtt-v3.1.1.html
- New samples "good clauses":
- Patrick: look at PKCS clauses - they did a good clean-up after our comments.
- Jacques: used MQTT as good examples: they also cleaned up after our comments.
- Kevin: Section 6 "Rules" need more consistency Dos/Donts.
- Patrick: Don't -> Do not.
- Plan is: Ashok to do next editing by early next week, others to review And provide last comments. Then we can wrap-up next rev by Oct 10. Chair to initiate an electronic ballot by mid-October.

3. Review of short action items (in Kavi).
- In particular, TAB public page
List of action items is at:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/members/action_items.php

-AI #0288 Fix the link to the FAQ from the TAB public page
- FAQ link gone. Closed.

-AI #0289 Ask Carol about reorganizing the PnG page to separate TAB-published documents.
- Carol about reorganizing the PnG page to separate TAB-published documents. J: any downside to having it be a static HTML page? C: no - changes relatively infrequently. Still open.

-AI #0290 Develop a schedule for meetings that work with Gershon's schedule. Gershon said no need to change in our meeting last week. So this can be closed. J: we can go back to original schedule if that works better for gershon and all. Closed.

-AI #0292 Schedule a review and discussion of current TAB charter for an upcoming meeting.
- Still open.

-AI #0294 Set up process for sending a welcome message from the TAB to new TCs. Chet: recommend that the TAB message should follow the first meeting of a new TC.
- J: send a copy of welcome message to tab@?
- chet: Consensus is to copy tab@ on intro emails.
- J: do I need to subscribe to the TC list to send out the welcome note? rather not.
- Still open.

-AI #0295 Document the process that the TAB is following to perform public reviews.
- Jacques working on a draft process document
- https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/52171/TAB-Comment-Transfer-Process02.odt
- Still open.

- AI #0300
follow-up check on PR #1 comment resolution
Chet: access to previous PRs is in the announce note of PR#2+, so can get the past review results there.
- comment disposition visible too in PR#2+.
- so TAB members have all info to check if TC followed their comments.

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline (XMILE,WS-Biometric ...), See announces from Chet :
- 9/11: email titled "[tab] XMILE V1.0 30 day PR", endig Oct 11.
- 9/23: email titled "[tab] 30-day Public Review for WS-Biometric Devices Version 1.0 - ends Oct. 23"

- facilitating public feedback (inline comment links, etc)
- new AI: (Chet) In PR announce, the wording that HTML version has embedded comment links need be more explicit: "HTML with inline tags for direct commenting:"

- new AI: (Jacques) make sure the assignee for packaging / posting to TC comment list/logging into PR comment archive, is captured in TAB Action Items online.

- Documentation of TAB PR process - see draft: (for AI #0295)
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3727

- PR checklist follow-up:
Latest PR checklist, complete rev9 :
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=54243. To review for approval.

- regular full meeting Oct 31 (unless possible meeting Oct 10 for conformance guidelines progress).

Meeting adjourned.

20141003 (last edited 2014-10-10 19:25:35 by chet.ensign)