=============================================================
Minutes TAB call (October 31, 2014)
=============================================================


Info
Time: 2pmET
Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda
1. Admin and general status:
- Approval Minutes Oct 3rd, 10th
- Report from Board meeting.
2. Conformance Clause guideline: status
- see approved version: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/54315/tab-conformance-clauses-v1%200-consolidated-rev24.docx
- next steps.
- additional support for conformance? (clause templates, non-machine-processable specs)
3. Review of short action items (in Kavi).

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline (XACML Data Loss Prevention / Network Access Control (DLP/NAC) Profile Version 1.0 and a Committee Note from the TGF TC, TGF Internet of Things Impact)
- PR checklist follow-up: latest update (rev9) with JIRA-aligned severity fields, possible values per check item. https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/54243/TAB-ReviewChecklist-rev9.doc


Roll:
Patrick Durusau (individual)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Kevin Mangold (NIST)

excused:
Chet Ensign (staff)
Gershon Janssen (Board liaison)


Minutes:

1. Admin and general status:
- Approval Minutes Oct 3rd, 10th: Minutes Oct 3rd approved. Oct 10th declared informal meeting (for conf guidelines review)
- Report from Board meeting: postponed.

2. Conformance Clause guideline: status
- see approved version: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/54315/tab-conformance-clauses-v1%200-consolidated-rev24.docx
- COnformnce guidelines was approved for publication: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/ballot.php?id=2682 . Jacques & Chet to submit to Board again. - we should also replace this: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/ConformanceGuidelines.html with the new approved guidelines.
- discussion about what a Clause template could look like.
Agreement that a template would help editors. But not so simple: more than just a text with blanks to fill (like a motion template).
- confusion about what spec editors are supposed to say. Need to define terminology better "satisfy", "fulfills" vs. "conform" which should be only in the context of a conformance clause, in a spec.
- Non-machine processable specs: patrick: TGF required to have "representation of all language communities" ... every term here is undefined.
- ... need a measurable criteria like: 5% at least of the world population need have its language represented... or conf clause need to invoke processes that are auditable.

3. Review of short action items (in Kavi).

- #0289 Ask Carol about reorganizing the PnG page to separate TAB-published documents.
https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines
Carol is OK for some reorg, but up to us to decide of the remodeling. (confirm w Chet)
- #0292 Schedule a review and discussion of current TAB charter for an upcoming meeting. (pending)
- #0294Set up process for sending a welcome message from the TAB to new TCs. Jacques has a message template, ready to send. Would just like the conformance guideline to be linked on our public page befire sending to new TCs.
- #0295 Document the process that the TAB is following to perform public reviews. A draft is there (uploaded file: PRprocess.txt), but not complete yet. (Jacques editing) Need to merge with Patrick's draft.
- #0300 follow-up check on PR #1 comment resolution. Means we need to deteails how we can check on the TC disposition on TAB's comments. We know (a) that PR#2 announce & request have a link on comments disposition, (b) then we just need to access the TAB comments package (on TAB PR wiki? or TC comment list?)

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline (XACML Data Loss Prevention / Network Access Control (DLP/NAC) Profile Version 1.0 and a Committee Note from the TGF TC, TGF Internet of Things Impact)

- PR checklist follow-up: latest update (rev9) with JIRA-aligned severity fields, possible values per check item. https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/54243/TAB-ReviewChecklist-rev9.doc
- Kevin: need to fix rev9 (says "rev8" on front page)
- Patrick: idea: come back on past reviews and see if there are patterns. Or also: look at severity ranges we used in the past.
- ... we could have some examples for each comment category, including severity levels used.
- meeting adjourned. Next is Nov 14.

20141031 (last edited 2014-11-17 16:12:14 by chet.ensign)