=============================================================
Minutes TAB call (November 14, 2014)
=============================================================


Info
Time: 2pmET
Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda
1. Admin and general status:
- Approval Minutes Oct 31st (to be posted)
- Report from Board meeting.

2. Review of short action items (in Kavi).

3. Conformance Clause guideline:

- additional support for conformance (clause templates, non-machine-processable specs)

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline (OBIX, XACML Data Loss Prevention / Network Access Control (DLP/NAC) Profile Version 1.0 and a Committee Note from the TGF TC, TGF Internet of Things Impact)
- PR checklist follow-up: latest update and review (rev10 to be posted)

5. Citation database(s) : short term, long term?


Roll:
Patrick Durusau (individual)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Chet Ensign (staff)

excused:
Kevin Mangold (NIST)
Gershon Janssen (Board liaison)


Minutes:

1. Admin and general status:
- Approval Minutes Oct 31st (posted, but approval postponed for more review)
- Chet: Report from Board meeting. board not critical, but just wondering if and how to do better
- Chet: would be useful for TAB to make a proposal of TAB role, and present to the Board. Guidelines, training material. Something concrete for Board.
- Jacques: we do within our Chaarter, with a focus on helping quality of specifications.
- Jacques : our charter: "... The TAB focuses on improving the standards development process, improving the quality of OASIS Standards through the production of guidelines and educational materials, and advising on improvements to community and collaboration processes and technologies." We do exactly that.
- Now, we should emphasize that other SDOs do that too, like W3C (W3C assigns a staff member to every WG to advise on process, on spec editorial aspects). Except in OASIS , we do it on voluntary basis, at no cost to the org!
- Ashok: W3C can afford to involve 1 staff member at least in each WG. So an advisory resource, that we provide too in our way. but staff in W3C also provide technical advices to WG. E.g. every spec must have security and privacy section. TAB could do something similar.
- Patrick: Board never provided us w more guidance so we should not spend time to refine our objectives ourselves.
- Patrick: we do mostly editorial/process. More of a triage question: priority is first the well-formedness of specs , then we can worry about the technical matters in specs. We do some tech comments too. it boils down to resources. TAB can only do so much.
- AI: Jacques to put together a slide or 2 that shows how how activities we do relate to our charter, and our main priority "The TAB focuses on improving the standards development process, improving the quality of OASIS Standards"
- Chet - OASIS: Correction: December board meeting is a teleconference on 12/16. Next F2F is February 2 & 3 on the west coast.

2. Review of short action items (in Kavi).
issues: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/members/action_items.php?sort_field=status
- #0289: Ask Carol about reorganizing the PnG page to separate TAB-published documents.
- Chet: Carol is OK with reorg. Change it to a static HTML page, though (not automatically updated).
- ...Maybe we should just send Carol a proposed HTML page?
- Patrick: give us the template for the page and we can send Carol the page to approve or disapprove with suggestions?
- AI: Jacques (and Patrick back-up) to propose a remodeling of P & G page. https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines
- #0292: Schedule a review and discussion of current TAB charter for an upcoming meeting. Closed.
- #0294: Set up process for sending a welcome message from the TAB to new TCs. Jacques has a message template, ready to send. Would just like the conformance guideline to be linked on our public page before sending to new TCs. we'll wait early Dec for Board approval on conf guideline, then we refer to it in our public page, then Jacques send welcome message. (IBOPS TC started in Oct) close. But new AI for Jacques to welcome TC after preconditions are met.
- AI: Jacques to welcome IBOPS TC after preconditions are met.
- #0295: Document the process that the TAB is following to perform public reviews. A draft is there (uploaded file: PRprocess.txt), but not complete yet. (Jacques editing) Need to merge with Patrick's draft.
- #0300 follow-up check on PR #1 comment resolution. Means we need to details how we can check on the TC disposition on TAB's comments. We know (a) that PR#2 announce & request have a link on comments disposition, (b) then we just need to access the TAB comments package (on TAB PR wiki? or TC comment list?) Document the process that the TAB is following to perform public reviews.
- Chet: subsequent PR have a pointer to comment resolution log.
- Patrick: need clear assignment on archiving the TAB comments package into our wiki. Need be part of our PR process (to update) Open.

3. Conformance Clause guideline:

- Chet : Here is the link to the email to the board -> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/board-plus/email/archives/201411/msg00007.html
- we should also replace this: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/ConformanceGuidelines.html with the new approved guidelines.
- AI: (Jacques) conf clause template draft.
- AI: [Patrick] by Jan 9th Draft content for non-machine processable specs conf clauses.

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline (OBIX, XACML Data Loss Prevention / Network Access Control (DLP/NAC) Profile Version 1.0 and a Committee Note from the TGF TC, TGF Internet of Things Impact)
- PR checklist follow-up: latest update and review (rev10 to be posted)

- jacques : PR pipeline and status
- Chet - OASIS: https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/30-day-public-review-for-xacml-data-loss-prevention-network-access-control-dlp-na
- Pipeline: Chet: XACML control profile, then mostly 2nd PRs now (OBIX...)
- AI: all: review PR checklist rev 9 (uploaded Nov 14)

5. Citation database(s) : short term, long term?

- Patrick: every time correct a citation, points to W3C or IETF resource (predefined list). ISO official citations. We could create a page of links to citations resources.
- AI: Patrick : initiate a very short citation guidelines with links to external citation resources.

- meeting adjourned. Next is Dec 5.

20141114 (last edited 2014-12-16 22:15:35 by chet.ensign)