=============================================================
Minutes TAB call (December 5, 2014)
=============================================================


Info
Time: 2pmET
Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin and general status:
- Approval Minutes Nov 14

2. Review of short action items (in Kavi).. In particular, new ones (to be recorded in Kavi soon):
- AI: Jacques to welcome IBOPS TC after preconditions are met.
- AI: (Jacques) conf clause template draft.
- AI: [Patrick] by Jan 9th Draft content for non-machine processable specs conf clauses.
- AI: all: review PR checklist rev 9 (uploaded Nov 14)
- AI: Patrick : initiate a very short citation guidelines with links to external citation resources.

3. Conformance Clause guideline:
- status, comments if any.
- additional support for conformance: non-machine-processable specs: a look at TGF clauses and what a CC would look like.

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline (OBIX, XACML Data Loss Prevention / Network Access Control (DLP/NAC) Profile Version 1.0 and a Committee Note from the TGF TC, TGF Internet of Things Impact)
- PR checklist follow-up: latest update and review (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=54566 )


Roll:
Kevin Mangold (NIST)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Chet Ensign (staff)

excused:
Gershon Janssen (Board liaison)
Patrick Durusau (individual)


Minutes:

1. Admin and general status:
- Approval Minutes Nov 14: No discussion, no objs. Approved.
- adding Kevin's suggestion about a Liaison role to the agenda
- Chet - OASIS: If a Liaison to a TC were not a TC member, it would still be useful for them to have access to documents, minutes, etc. and be able to send mail to the TC mailing list. Liaison role would be between full Member and Observer.
- Kevin: "liaison" between observer & member, able to communicate with TC.
- Ashok: question - how much more than Observer would you want this to extend? Kevin: like a Persistent Non-voting membership
- Chet: would you also see this as available to non-OASIS members? Kevin: that would be useful too.
- Chet: observers are supposed to not contribute any IP.
- Jacques: There is an IPR concern that would need to be addressed. That's why Observers are effectively invisible on the TC. Liaison's org or company would have to agree with TC IPR policy. That way theuy could show up in the system. Need to investigate if set of roles in KAVI are fixed or open to new roles.
- AI: CHet to investigate Kavi flexibility on this.
- Kevin: INCITES Kavi set up has different set of roles than OASIS.
- Jacques: regardless of technical capability, seems worthwhile that the TAB might consider bringing to the Board
- AI: Kevin to write the liaison idea (more active than "observer") up so that we can consider bringing to the Board
- Ashok: need be careful as liaison might still contribute IP - need to "scope" its communication bandwidth?
- Chet: I will also review the Liaison Policy to see what affect it may have on the suggestion

2. Review of short action items (in Kavi).. In particular, new ones (to be recorded in Kavi soon):
- AI: Jacques to welcome IBOPS TC after preconditions are met.
=== #0289 ===: Ask Carol about reorganizing the PnG page to separate TAB-published documents
- Chet - OASIS: J: J and Patrick put a first cut of reorg'ing page together. Existing page: https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines
- Jacques proposed 4 sections:
1. **Policies Referenced in OASIS Membership Agreement*
2. **Other General OASIS Governance Policies
3. **OASIS Process Policies and Guidelines
4. **Quality and Specification Guidelines from the Technical Advisory Board
- Suggestion: Within each section, policies should be listed in alphabetical order
- Question: The TAB policies listed on this page, they have been approved by the Board. Yes? That is they have more weight than TAB policies that we simply produce and put on the TAB page. Or do we want to make it a practice of getting Board approval (not a bad idea) for TAB work? Keeps them aware of the TAB and the content we are producing, etc.
- Chet: do not try to classify what TAB does NOT produce. Tricky... just separate TAB documents from others.
- chet: suggest instead of trying to classify documents between governance and process (which is mixed even within documents), just split out between the board/staff authored documents and the TAB authored documents.
- so it looks like we could have just 3 categories.
1. **Policies Referenced in OASIS Membership Agreement*
2. **Other General OASIS Governance Policies and Guidelines.
3. **Quality and Specification Guidelines from the Technical Advisory Board.
=== #0292 ===: Schedule a review and discussion of current TAB charter for an upcoming meeting.
- closed
=== #0295 ===: Document the process that the TAB is following to perform public reviews.
- ongoing.
=== #300 ===: follow-up check on PR #1 comment resolution
- need be documented in process )295. Closed.
=== #301 ===: intro to TAB activities related to charter
- jacques presents slides. https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=54669
- Chet: put in the current charter in 1st slide. need to beef up more the investigations in other SDOs. TAB charter is here -> https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tab/charter.php
- Ashok: W3C a permanent task force on the process... (members of AB)
- AI: Ashok to investigate W3c
- AI: Jacques to investigate DMTF / OMG
- Ashok: DMTF published just updated process doc... trying to improve "speed" (not so much quality)
- J: may try to get this ready for the Board meeting this month.

=== #302 ===: welcome notice + TAB intro to new TCs
- Chet: we have two TCs to be notified: IBOPS and CMIS
- open.

=== #303 ===: draft conformance clause template
- Ashok: Patrick sent a spreadsheet with lots of conf clauses. Can extract three samples.
- AI: try to extract clauses from Patrick sampling, see if there are typical patterns to use as templates.
- open.

=== #304 ===: guidelines for Conf Clauses for non-machine processable specs.
- open

=== #305 ===: review PR checklist
- open

3. Conformance Clause guideline:
- status, comments if any. (none)
- additional support for conformance: non-machine-processable specs: a look at TGF clauses and what a CC would look like.
- AI: Jacques to request Board that Conf Clause guideline be on their 12/16 agenda (authorize publish)
- Chet: no feedback from the Board

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline (OBIX, XACML Data Loss Prevention / Network Access Control (DLP/NAC) Profile Version 1.0 and a Committee Note from the TGF TC, TGF Internet of Things Impact)
- PR checklist follow-up: latest update and review (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=54566 )
- PRs since July (about 6)
- Conf guideline update complete
- Chet: should not mention citation for now, also not "streamline PR". Only clear outputs.

Meeting adjourned.

20141205 (last edited 2014-12-19 17:32:42 by chet.ensign)