=============================================================
Minutes TAB call (December 19, 2014)
=============================================================


Info
Time: 2pmET
Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda
1. Admin and general status:
- Approval Minutes Dec 5
2. Review of short action items (in Kavi)..
- including what to do with citation resources line of work.
3. Conformance Clause guideline:
- further steps.
- conformance tempaltes (see Ashok mail): non-machine-processable specs: a look at TGF clauses and what a CC would look like.
4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline
- Approval of PR checklist follow-up: if ready: latest update and review (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=54566 )


Roll:
Kevin Mangold (NIST)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Chet Ensign (staff)
Patrick Durusau (individual)
Robin Cover (staff, observer)

excused:
Gershon Janssen (Board liaison)


Minutes:

1. Admin and general status:
- Approval Minutes Dec 5: No discussion, no objections. Approved.

2. Review of short action items (in Kavi):
#0289: reorg of the PnG page to separate TAB-published documents
- https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines
- Chet: Proposal is to add a category for TAB documents to the page and put TAB documents there.
1. **Policies Referenced in OASIS Membership Agreement*
2. **Other General OASIS Governance Policies and Guidelines.
3. **Quality and Specification Guidelines from the Technical Advisory Board.
- Patrick: I just emailed a draft of the html text for Carol. It doesn't format well because I don't have the style sheet but the content may be correct.
- closed.

#0294: Set up process for sending a welcome message from the TAB to new TCs.
- This is waiting on the publishing of the Conformance Guidelines
- Still open
#0295: Document the process that the TAB is following to perform public reviews
- needs to add at PR#2 verification of comments from PR#1.
- Still open
#0301: intro to TAB activities related to charter, as part of status to board.
- uploaded file: TAB-roleDec-2014.ppt
- Patrick: should show statistics on PR comments, comments from members on our guidelines... as status. A TAB status based on facts. Getting members - not TAB - say the TAB story.

- Still open

#0302: welcome notice + TAB intro to new TCs
- gated by publishing of conformance guidelines
- still open
#0303: draft conformance clause template
- Ashok provided a first cut.
- Jacques commented on it.
- still open
#0304: guidelines for Conf Clauses for non-machine processable specs
- still open
#0305: review PR checklist
- uploaded file: TAB-ReviewChecklist-rev9.doc
- Ashok: could set a time to review it - make it the focus on next TAB call.
- still open
#0306: Investigate roles in KAVI : fixed or open ?
- chet: need Kavi help (customization) for the roles. Kavi hosting company has not shown much interest in helping on this. Not realistic.
- Chet checked with Scott. Adding a new role in Kavi is not feasible. We should look to see if there is another way for us to accomplish the goal.
- closed.
#0307: New definition for liaison (Kevin)
- Robin Cover (OASIS): TC Liaisons (versus org-to-org liaisons): https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/liaison#tcliaison
- Kevin: proposal to be complete by next meeting
#0308: W3C editorial quality process
- Ashok: "process" task force under the AB
- Robin: One W3C reference on Task Force: https://www.w3.org/wiki/AB/2014-2015_Priorities#Improving_the_W3C_Process_broadly.2C_or_best_practices_to_implement_the_process
- W3C has staff member in each WG: editorial, and consulting about the lifecycle & process
- closed.
#0309: DMTF and OMG editorial quality process
- still open
- including what to do with citation resources line of work:
- Robin Cover (OASIS): Rollup references on citation/xref databases and best practice https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201412/msg00015.html
- Patrick Durusau preliminary on OASIS Standards "Abbreviations": http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201112/msg00004.html AND http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201112/msg00004/OASIS-Standards-Abbreviations-1Dec2011.pdf
- Robin: combine efforts from Patric & Robin - OASIS citations ready.
- Patrick & Robin to isolate candidate deliverables to help OASIS members.
- Robin: not trying to unify citation formats.
- Robin: about 444 OASIS citations, back to 2002... (format as evolved, though). need still to make decision for how we normalize. Not ready to publish yet - because grops at NIST or ANSI would use it right away.
- need to make sure we are ready, with clean citations, before publishing.
- Ashok: format?
- robin: HTML version for now. a markup good for XML

New AIs:


-New AI #310: for Patrick to follow up on #0289 with a markup proposal (then Jacques to submit to staff)
-New AI #311: (Chet): get some feedback quote from TC chairs - Chet to forward emails to Jacques.
-New AI #312: for Patrick & Robin: to isolate candidate citation resources deliverables to help OASIS members. - Robin Cover (OASIS): Rollup references on citation/xref databases and best practice https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201412/msg00015.html - Patrick Durusau preliminary on OASIS Standards "Abbreviations":
-New AI #313: chet: to add link to Conf guidelines V2 draft on TAB public page

3. Conformance Clause guideline:
- further steps.
- conformance tempaltes (see Ashok mail): non-machine-processable specs: a look at TGF clauses and what a CC would look like.
- Ashok provided a first cut. (see email 12/9)
- Jacques commented on it. A tempalte will not just look like some text with blanks to fill. It will show different options for doing different things like "refer to normative concent", for modifying the requirement level (SHOULD --> required for a conformance level), for adding new requirements for implementations that belong to the CC but not to the specification body.

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline: no first CS in the pipeline.
- Approval of PR checklist follow-up: will postpone to next meeting: latest update and review (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=54566 )

Other:
- next meeting Jan 9.
- meeting adjourned.

20141210 (last edited 2015-01-09 17:09:39 by chet.ensign)